Will this work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flitabout

Aquarium Advice Addict
My swordtail had roughly 22 fry last night. They all look good and healthy so far. I don't have a great set up for the babies yet. Just a plastic 1 gallon plastic tank with a bit of gravel and an air stone. No heater. So I got an idea. I took the plastic tank that they were born in last night and did a bit of aqua scaping and put it in the main tank with the moms. Here is a pic of what I did let me know what you think of it.

My swordtail had roughly 22 fry last night. They all look good and healthy so far. I don't have a great set up for the babies yet. Just a plastic 1 gallon plastic tank with a bit of gravel and an air stone. No heater. So I got an idea. I took the plastic tank that they were born in last night and did a bit of aqua scaping and put it in the main tank with the moms. Here is a pic of what I did let me know what you think of it.
http://s699.photobucket.com/user/flitabout/media/20130831_153348_zps5daf1ccd.jpg.html

How are you planning on feeding them? If u open the lid they will most likely escape into the main tank :/

I was figuring on just pulling the tank up to feed them. It's best idea I could come up with. At the moment it's my best option to get them heated fresh clean water.

I was figuring on just pulling the tank up to feed them. It's best idea I could come up with. At the moment it's my best option to get them heated fresh clean water.

In that case I do t see any reason why it wouldn't. It's a shame there's no way for you to attach the tank to the top side of the main aquarium lol. :) keep me updated if be interested to know if this does work.

Back
Top Bottom