woah! EGGS?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goldengirl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my... my... MY goldfish!? They were moved from a 5gallon to a 20 gallon, they have been there for 4 days... and i have eggs! they have NEVER EVER done ANY breeding before... I don't know what happenend?! They are just your basic Comets. I have had them breed in a pond, but never in a tank, never at this time of year, and NEVER between this group of 5.
I know that this sounds "newbie-ish" but I dont know what to do if they are in a tank!

You can sit back and watch :wink:
What do you do with eggs in the pond? I don't keep goldies and don't know what kind of parents they are.

we just let nature take its course... i was at away camping so i didnt get to observe alot of it.. i am one confused "aunt to be!"

only 10 or so.. its hard to tell, it is a very planted pond... we are expanding to a 550 gallon pond this summer :D

That's going to be some pond!! My advice for the eggs in the tank is to let Mother Nature take it's course.
Do goldies make good parents, or are the fry on their own? I have cichlids that have bred and they are good, protective parents.

to be honest, i dont know a whole lot about their breeding, im researching now can you take a look at my other topic? i need some advice there ;)

I have a tank full of Black Convicts that may as well have fuzzy tails and big long ears. Those guys are friggin nymphos I tell ya. :hugs:

We currently have a batch of eggs on the side of a rock, I tried counting but my eyes started crossing....got up to about thirty or so. :eyes:

We recently had a fry that didn't fare so well...stinkin convicts. The parents are beat all to heck and then go and lose all their little ones. Wasn't two weeks later the oven's full again. A friend of mine is taking the bulk of the bigger convicts hopefully tonight to become roommates ... or supper... for an oscar. He's dividing the tank to try and keep them in the same tank... :| I guess we'll see how THAT turns out....I'm starting to get a little hooked on my saltwater tanks so I guess we'll see how this next set of fry comes out.

Goldies are carp..if it fits in the mouth........

Honestly, they are awful parents.... in a tank the fry don't have a chance unless it is planted heavily. Those lil wigglers are too easy to see and catch in aclear, small tank...^_^ we always removed the parents ASAP if we were keeping them. The parents eat eggs that are conspicously placed too.
Usually we waited for 5th to 7th year to purposely breed but that was because we were trying to be sure of characteristics in the parent. but if memory serves me, I believe they are fecund around three. And usually 20 gal is the min a small pair will breed in.

HTH :p

huh... there is 5 of them in a 20 gallon, they are only two and there are deffinatly eggs. the fish haven't TOUCHED them... im debating moving the parents.. but i dont know...

Back
Top Bottom