Wot do i do about the fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey, um my convicts laid eggs a few days ago.. they have moved them already into this perect TINY little cave that seems to be made for the eggs

THey have also moved all of my plants to form like a little cove and protect the area visciously..

Um, the egs have begun to hatch an i can the see the MINUTE fry wriggling around.. been like this for about 3 days now..

WOt do i do now?
i do not hav a spare tank to move them to.. i do have a breedin neddt, but wont that disrupt everything?

pls help
thanx

That depends if you want to keep them or not? Are they the only fish in the tank? Do you have another tank?

You can simply leave them alone and the parents won't bother them unless they feel the fry are in danger. Then they'll eat them. You can also feed them to other fish once they get a little larger. Don't worry, the convicts will provide you with more fry in no time at all.

Hey.. yeah id like 2 keep them as some1 I no is interested in bying them..
Um, the parents moved them outta the cave 2 day
I have surrounded them with plants and they are stayin close to the gravel
whenever 1 strays the parents suck them up an spit them back out into the cove
I have a breeding net but these guys are still SUPA small
SHould i leave them in the cove or move them?
Thanx

I'd move them. But when you do you;ll need some foods for them. walter wroms,live brine shrimp. If there large enough you can smash some flake food up to almost nothing and add it to the fry tank.

Back
Top Bottom