Wow guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny32561

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I was getting started to breed guppies in a kiddie pool (it deflated before the fish got there) so i downsized to a spare ten gallon I remember setting up a thread asking when my guppy was giving birth and now I have about 20 guppies with 2 questions should i sell or get more tanks and I dont want to inbreed so what would be a nice fish to outcross I currently have suppercross guppies

Sell them on aquabid or to your lfs

Sent from me quietly wishing I was a fish

you can also trade them for different strains , inflatable pools don't work very good as you found out , now 1 of those blue hard plastic pools would be the way to go just be sure to add lots of plant life for the fry to hid in

I had 25 or so fry last night it was my females second batch so I'm still excited about it haha. But i have a question about what if they inbreed what does it do? I just have all my fry in one tank away from the adults.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I had 25 or so fry last night it was my females second batch so I'm still excited about it haha. But i have a question about what if they inbreed what does it do? I just have all my fry in one tank away from the adults.

If they inbreed, it reduces their fitness. What this means is they could be more sensitive to water parameters, more sensitive to pH and temperature swings, and overall less hardy of a fish

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If they inbreed, it reduces their fitness. What this means is they could be more sensitive to water parameters, more sensitive to pH and temperature swings, and overall less hardy of a fish

Ok so should i try and separate the males and females

Selling them to a pet shop so does it actually even matter because i don't think they will actually breed to much before i sell them

Selling them to a pet shop so does it actually even matter because i don't think they will actually breed to much before i sell them

If you're going to sell them to a pet shop it really shouldn't matter

I had a batch of guppies together in a grown out tank and the male kept getting on the female side and they had inbreed babies! There was only 3 I put them in a breeding box and growing them up to see how they do but I fixed it were no more inbreeding happens! It's just weird! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom