yay for our house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarahh

Aquarium Advice Freak
pictures to follow, i promise.

i currently have in my house 6 johanni fry, about a million convict fry, mozambique fry, and kenyii fry.

i also have 3 holding mozambiques, i holding red zebra and a tropical community tank that has about a bazillion fry from i don't know what.

What really has me excited though, are spot and squiggle. They are 2 footlong pleco's who are in luuurve with each other. maybe babies? i doubt it, but i love that they are in love!

very exciting times in the house at the moment.

hello most knowledgable fishy friends... i havea question aout my johanni fry.. is it normal for them to have vertical barring in their first few weeks? Momma was holding after a tryst with mr johanni, but now i'm wondering if mr red zeb got to her first...thanks in advance :)

baby photos

here are some pics, can't remember which ones now!! 20 minute upload :)

Attachments

• DSCF6680.jpg
    DSCF6680.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCF6706.jpg
    DSCF6706.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCF6732.jpg
    DSCF6732.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCF6639.jpg
    DSCF6639.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 61
alright, clockwise, mozambique fry, red zeb juvies, kenyii juvies, spot and squiggle... next up...
johanni, older convicts, younger convicts...

Attachments

• DSCF6692.jpg
    DSCF6692.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCF6736.jpg
    DSCF6736.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCF6731.jpg
    DSCF6731.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCF6705.jpg
    DSCF6705.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 54
I LOVE the pic of the cichids in the "coral!" That is one of the BEST pics I have ever seen, and I think you should put it in the POTM contest ASAP!!! :)

What do you plan on doing with them? Lol That's enough to supply a city's worth of fish stores.

DK and Mommytron, thank you! i will do so :)

Crepe, funny you should say that, because i have no clue what i am going to do with them. I had a red zebra momma spit about 30 fry this morning, and i have 3 mozambiques holding too. I waas thinking maybe aquabid, but i have no clue how to ship fish.. any suggestions?

*update*

hey all, just an update while you eat your wheaties...

so the "30 or so" fry that the red zebra spit was actually about 60

we had 2 mozambique mommas spit (total about 60 ish fry) and when i put them back in the breeding group, i noticed a momma holding again

I noticed today that an older red zeb momma is holding, so we have more of those on the way.

Lo and Behold.. our ghost catfish have been at it.. momma is full of eggs, but at the risk of upsetting her, we're leaving her in the community.. meaning we'll probably lose any spawn, but it's still mind blowing.

all previously mentioned fry are getting bigger and happier by the day... very exciting times here
oh, and 2 local mom and pop stores have expressed interest in the babies, so i plan to drop them off with a handful of "how to care for.." leaflets so that the people purchasing them have NO excuse (lol). We'll be waiting until the young fish are about 2 or 3 inches before they go.
anyhoo.. thanks for reading

Back
Top Bottom