Yippe my kribbs have Spawned..!!! part 3 (this is starting to get old)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kribbman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well my kribs have spawned again. and again and again....lol
Im glad to see them being very good parents, its very interesting to watch them at it but in all Honesty this is starting to get old. One day im going to look in my tank and be like..."oh rats they spawned again"

Is there any way other than separating them, to get them to stop?
Anybody ever heard of fish contraception?? like if I were to dose the aquarium with some birth control pill (could it work?)

*disclaimer* Im not going to experiment with my fish im just asking hypotheticaly ;)

Hi.

Short of taking away their spawning cave or even separating the sexes it is difficult once the environment is conducive to spawning. They are in a cycle of spawning and will remain so until then environment is not desireable.

I would just let them spawn. Just don't go to any great lengths to accomodate the fry if you aren't up for raising them. They will eat or allow the fry to be eaten in the face of less food and ultimately may stop spawning.

On the other hand if you go in and change things you may stress them and invite the possibility of some pathogen proliferating and causing illness.

I personally would just let them continue breeding.

I think if you put together a grow out system you could grow them out quickly and actually sell them, but that is up to you! I love kribs!

Bill

lol, you're crazy, no more spawning ever again??? Oh, gosh! that's painful and sad and miserable and so on! please don't do anything to them! :(, just sell the young baby kribs! that's a better solution! :)

Back
Top Bottom