Yippey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haykay

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just wanted to share that my neon swordtails (almost through with QT) Have dropped fry! 3 remaining for the last 24 hours! Im so excited!
My cories spawn all the time but all the eggs get eating.. :( My guppy pair dropped fry in the bag during shipping and once they were in QT ate them all.. :( SO of course I'm stoked to see that my swordtails have dropped! Im not sure how many she has originally but she no longer looks preggers and has 3 wrigglers swimming around.. the cute thing is that the gourami plays with them (well the fry just copycat the gourami and its not trying to eat them since they are almost the same size!)

Congrats on the new additions! I have one guppy fry that made it and two 'preggers'... I know the feeling!!! I love hearing stories like these. :)

Thanks so much!
Im so excited my female guppy looks preggers again! and one of the swords is showing her gravid spot again(it looks to be getting bigger)!

Out of the 3 babies I had when I left for vacation (they were born and I left for 2 days1) I have 2 left! and they are getting big!

I never thought I would be excited about baby fish but i truly am! Now I wasnt more! lol

My cories spawn all the time but all the eggs get eating.. :(

Congrats on your fry!!
I have three peppered cories and have no idea whether I have males or females or what combination of the above. I am sure if they had babies though, my betta would eat them. Is there a way to tell a male from a female other than the female being "plumper"??....they look to same to me size wise.

hmm, mine are noticably plumper so I am not sure.. Have you checked at planetcatfish.com? super helpful on those matters!

I checked out that site, Haykay! It was cool! All you want/need to know about catfish! I finally found the peppered cory page. I really do think that I have one female in my small school of 3....I wonder if I will ever see that cute little "spawning dance". I just know if she laid eggs my male betta would surely find them and gobble them up....but....that's what having smaller tanks around is good for....hee, hee

yep! When i first got my cories and they spawned like crazy I was told to move the momma nd dad to my 10g QT tank let them finish spawning and then put them back in the main tank.. I never did it though as it sounded too stressful!

Im glad the website helped you! It came in great handiness to me when I bought a "sailfin" pleco from petsmart.. with the help of a few friends and that website we figured out his L #!

Back
Top Bottom