Zebra Danio Breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
So my Moms tank must be doing well because we found like 20 zebra danio fry in the last water change. I put them in my 20 tall that is stocked with fry safe fish. Any suggestions?

"Fry-safe fish"? I'm not sure there are any except for particular fish who take care of their young.

I would be interested if anyone comes up with anything.

Snails would work. Maybe some tiny shrimp?

No I need suggestions on how to care for the fry! I already have the "fry safe" fish. Pygmy cories, rcs and a cpo (well its not like hes gonna catch one lol)

Crushed flake food. I think I forgot to feed them one day now ther eis only one left.....

Crush the flakes till it's powder.

I made a homemade fry container so I could keep better track of my Molly babies. I used a sherbet container, cut big holes in the sides, and stuck it down inside a knee high pantyhose. Then I hotglued two suction cups on it and stuck it in my tank up high. That way they can share the tank water. I left them in there a month. They're easier to feed that way too! Good luck!

ummmm... I cant feed them every four hours lol my tank would crash and the snails would regain there hold on the territory lol

Okay... Well, it's like feeding a baby every few hours... More you feed them the healthier they are an faster they grow :)
I have my fry in a separate tank and have never raised in a main tank, so maybe my situation is different than yours :)

Back
Top Bottom