Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

zebra danios help!!!

I have 2 male and 1 female zebra danio. I also have 3 serpae tetras in the tank. is there anyway I can get them to breed? and if they alreadu have how will I know?

Old 07-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgaucher
I have 2 male and 1 female zebra danio. I also have 3 serpae tetras in the tank. is there anyway I can get them to breed? and if they alreadu have how will I know?
Zebra danios aren't hard to breed. However, you need six or more of both the zebras and serapes. Is the tank cycled? Find out more about that in the articles section. How big is the tank? Planted? Filtration system? Params? It's easier to breed danios in a separate twenty gal tank in a school of six or more. You have to cycle the breeding tank and add either a piece of plastic netting big enough for eggs to drop through but not danios horizontally across the tank or a two inch layer of marbles. You need a sponge filter and a heater set a 78 degrees. Introduce the danios to the cycled tank and wait. Make sure the females are full of eggs. Feed small particle foods to fry.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald76

Zebra danios aren't hard to breed. However, you need six or more of both the zebras and serapes. Is the tank cycled? Find out more about that in the articles section. How big is the tank? Planted? Filtration system? Params? It's easier to breed danios in a separate twenty gal tank in a school of six or more. You have to cycle the breeding tank and add either a piece of plastic netting big enough for eggs to drop through but not danios horizontally across the tank or a two inch layer of marbles. You need a sponge filter and a heater set a 78 degrees. Introduce the danios to the cycled tank and wait. Make sure the females are full of eggs. Feed small particle foods to fry.
thank you that was a big help. I have a 20 gallon tank I have fake plants it is filtered and it is at 78 degrees already now I also have them to 1 to 2 inches of gravel. is there anyway I could get the 1 female to get pregnant? it is cycled in the fish have been in here for about 5 days now.

Tags
danio, danios, zebra

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com