Alaskans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparently we hide?

We have three lfs if you don’t count Petco or Petsmart, but they can be good depending on who is in charge of the fish area, hit or miss, check the tanks carefully (even the freshwater) and you’ll get a good idea if it is worth the risk. Have two small LFS that both are great, but it’s 1 am and I can not remember their names accurately. One is of Arctic Blvd near 40th, small but very clean and the owner will talk your ear off if it’s slow and give great advice. Another used to be across from Guidos, recently moved and the owner even does maintenance for commercial businesses and people with way more money than me. However after an unfortunate incident with a newbie employee, one Christmas my hubby bought me several fish that died and I had a problem with the punk kid left in charge. Well I don’t take injustice or lack of honor well and complained to the BBB. The OWNER came to my apartment, reviewed my tank, took water tests and not only replaced the dead fish (employee put these fish into sale without properly quarantine) and visited me two more times to make sure all was good. Not because of the BBB but because his personal love of tanks and his pride in integrity and honor. I was treated like a queen and continue to buy from him whenever I find extra money for my tank. All this is in personal experiences, we have few lfs that aren’t big box stores (avoid the Walmart, idiot assigned actually said the fish will not outgrow tank so many times, I hang around and redirect people. Frankly all that takes is to tell them to look at all the demand fish!). So we have some good shops in Anchorage, and you will know just by looking at the tanks!

Back
Top Bottom