Aloha from Hawaii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah it's just Stacey's pets. It's really easy to find as it's just a block or two from Downtown Hilo. There's another pet store in Hilo too, it's actually a store this guy runs out if his house. Pretty amazing, the guy is like 90 years old and has been running it the same way for DECADES. Forgot the name but it's on Yelp under pet stores in Hilo. He didn't have anything particularly rare but it was awesome just seeing his set up and meeting him.

Edit: Sakai's Pet Store -- Mr. Sakai is 88 and has been running his pet store from his house for 45 years. That is just awesome.

I took a trip to hilo recently and went to stacey's. Sadly it was a day of restocking the tanks, so everything was still floatig in bags. Haha it was still fun to see what they had.

I took a trip to hilo recently and went to stacey's. Sadly it was a day of restocking the tanks, so everything was still floatig in bags. Haha it was still fun to see what they had.

I know, my boyfriend thinks I am crazy for going to stockleys just to look at fish.

And cool! I live near banyan mart!

I love to look at what stockleys has too.

I live in kealakekua area, so let me know if you ever have items for trade or sale.

I love to look at what stockleys has too.

I live in kealakekua area, so let me know if you ever have items for trade or sale.

That's awesome! Another fish enthusiast I can talk to. I know someone with ghost shrimp.

If you want ramshorn snails, when my numbers are a little up more I could give you some=)

Ooh, I might have to pm you later about ghost shrimp. I have red rili shrimp, a variety of plants mostly low light, and a few different snails.

Is there anywhere you guys would know to get some freshwater shrimp on maui or anywhere on the islands?

Whichever freshwater kine prolly the cheapest

Not sure if he ships, but here in Kona, big island. STOCKLEYS AQUARIUMS sells red opai 20 for $5.00 but I believe they are brackish... will continue asking around.

I got only two ghost shrimp from my bf old manager. I can ask him where he got his.

Yeah, those are brackish. I asked at Stockley before but they did not sell freshwater shrimp at that time.

Staceys in Hilo has ghost shrimp every so often (5 for $1) as feeders but recently they didnt have any for sale.

Let me know if you find out who sells ghost shrimp, I'd love to buy some or even trade with them.

Yeah, those are brackish. I asked at Stockley before but they did not sell freshwater shrimp at that time.

Staceys in Hilo has ghost shrimp every so often (5 for $1) as feeders but recently they didnt have any for sale.

Let me know if you find out who sells ghost shrimp, I'd love to buy some or even trade with them.

I know, I love ghost shrimp! My two buddies like to crawl on my Amazon swords, and peek at me.

They also love to play around my piece of drift woodツ

Haha yeah, I love shrimp. They're so entertaining to watch. They're always catching rides on my snails shells.

So how many fish tanks do you have?

I used to keep crs shrimp but it was too much trouble to buy RO water for water changes each week. I sold them to my old roommate in hilo who still has them.

Back
Top Bottom