Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Hawaii & Alaska
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 09-19-2013, 02:55 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Maui,hawaii
Posts: 10
Is there anywhere you guys would know to get some freshwater shrimp on maui or anywhere on the islands?
__________________

__________________
Hydro_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:48 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Krissycakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Kailua Kona, Hawaii
Posts: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro_Man View Post
Is there anywhere you guys would know to get some freshwater shrimp on maui or anywhere on the islands?
What kind of shrimp you looking to get?
__________________

__________________
Krissycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:25 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Maui,hawaii
Posts: 10
Whichever freshwater kine prolly the cheapest
__________________
Hydro_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:39 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Krissycakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Kailua Kona, Hawaii
Posts: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro_Man View Post
Whichever freshwater kine prolly the cheapest
Not sure if he ships, but here in Kona, big island. STOCKLEYS AQUARIUMS sells red opai 20 for $5.00 but I believe they are brackish... will continue asking around.

I got only two ghost shrimp from my bf old manager. I can ask him where he got his.
__________________
Krissycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:50 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 96
Yeah, those are brackish. I asked at Stockley before but they did not sell freshwater shrimp at that time.

Staceys in Hilo has ghost shrimp every so often (5 for $1) as feeders but recently they didnt have any for sale.

Let me know if you find out who sells ghost shrimp, I'd love to buy some or even trade with them.
__________________
zebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:20 AM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Krissycakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Kailua Kona, Hawaii
Posts: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebbie View Post
Yeah, those are brackish. I asked at Stockley before but they did not sell freshwater shrimp at that time.

Staceys in Hilo has ghost shrimp every so often (5 for $1) as feeders but recently they didnt have any for sale.

Let me know if you find out who sells ghost shrimp, I'd love to buy some or even trade with them.
I know, I love ghost shrimp! My two buddies like to crawl on my Amazon swords, and peek at me.

They also love to play around my piece of drift woodツ
__________________
Krissycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:30 AM   #37
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 96
Haha yeah, I love shrimp. They're so entertaining to watch. They're always catching rides on my snails shells.

So how many fish tanks do you have?
__________________
zebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:33 AM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Krissycakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Kailua Kona, Hawaii
Posts: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebbie View Post
Haha yeah, I love shrimp. They're so entertaining to watch. They're always catching rides on my snails shells.
Lol, Just looked at some different kinds online. I want some blue tiger shrimp, they look awesome. And the king kong shrimp lol
__________________
Krissycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:09 AM   #39
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 96
I used to keep crs shrimp but it was too much trouble to buy RO water for water changes each week. I sold them to my old roommate in hilo who still has them.
__________________
zebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:24 AM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Krissycakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Kailua Kona, Hawaii
Posts: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebbie View Post
I used to keep crs shrimp but it was too much trouble to buy RO water for water changes each week. I sold them to my old roommate in hilo who still has them.
That's cool!
__________________

__________________
Krissycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.