+1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
None taken... It would actually be a link back to Google's new Social Networking site, Google+. It would work much in the same way that "like" does for Facebook... speaking of which we need one of those too. This will basically just let everyone in my circles see what i have +1'd and they can also peruse the link as well.

If you see this button around on various links or sites then it functions the same way a "Like" button does. only it goes back to this site http://plus.google.com This is google's challenge to Facebook. Right now it's in its beta stages and closed (if you can call 18 million users closed) at least you can only get in by invite only. If you have ever "Liked" anything then you can just apply the same concept only for google it's +1.

Attachments

• +1.bmp
    1.5 KB · Views: 28
Which is exactly why I don't use "like" on FB. If I belong to a forum, it's because I want to belong to just that forum. I'd be really uncomfortable if I knew that using a certain phrase or button here would toss my comments out to some other site automatically (and yes, I do know that nothing on the web is private).

As you stated, Nothing on the web is private. Anything you have typed in here is already public. But I would like the ability to share things like the fishless cycling guide with my friends so that any of them that have or are thinking about getting an aquarium can find this site through me. Or even when someone gives an exceptional piece of advice, or a golden nugget of wisdom. I would expect any member of a forum I am a member of not to write replies or start conversations that they didn't want anyone else to see. Forums like this are here for the sole purpose of sharing information and finding those people across the globe that have something in common with you. If a "like" or a "+1" will bring someone who needs this site here and save them the time, trouble, and money of doing things the wrong way, then it's worth it. If it saves the lives of fish that men, women, and children quickly grow to love and appreciate, then it's worth it. This is just my opinion but I have become strongly attached to the remaining fish I have. I hope that I can help spare people all the trouble I went through. People usually don't ask for advice before they need it, only when it's too late. And a "like" or a "+1" is a much more effective way of drawing attention to the site than spamming the link wherever someone sees fit.

We have a thanks button that is better. The person that you are thanking will get a PM telling him that he is being thanked for giving great info. It`s a great way to let people that give out good info know that it was appreciated.

I think it's a cool idea as long as it doesn't bump the thread, it's really annoying checking on a thread update just to see a "+1" reply.

It wouldn't bump the thread... it would just post a link to your google+ stream or your facebook page.

We have a thanks button that is better. The person that you are thanking will get a PM telling him that he is being thanked for giving great info. It`s a great way to let people that give out good info know that it was appreciated.

I understand, but this feature wouldn't be for notifying someone that they gave good advice but fore sharing that advice with others probably not on this forum in the hopes of bringing them here if they need advice.

Back
Top Bottom