Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-04-2007, 01:07 PM   #81
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hi,

I'm on from home for the first time in ages.

No virus warning.

Did notice during the loading of the page a google counter addy flicked up for a mili second just before the page loaded, but didnt trigger my anti virus software.

My anti spy ware stuff may have blocked it doing anything.

Well done so far.

Ill get posting those piccys now.

Best Regards,

John

Old 08-25-2007, 07:28 AM   #82
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to gheitman Send a message via Yahoo to gheitman
I noticed for the first time that I no longer get the warning from my security suite about being redirected to a spyware-related web site. It looks like the problem may be fixed.

Old 08-25-2007, 09:06 AM   #83
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to gheitman Send a message via Yahoo to gheitman
I may have spoken too soon. Now I am getting the warnings again. What could have changed to make them temporarily stop?
Old 08-25-2007, 06:48 PM   #84
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Nothing. I do not believe these are any more than false alarms. Code that looks simular to bad code that is triggering the alarm.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:17 PM   #85
Aquarium Advice Addict

I received the virus warning for the first time today using MacAfee and IE 6 at work on a Win2000 machine. Crashed the browser. Tried again and no probelm.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:44 AM   #86
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's back, I think.

While I didn't get a warning from my firewall/antivirus, last night when I came to the site, my computer really started going berzerk. In trying to narrow it down, it seems like there was some bad code somewhere here trying to direct my browser to "trufelsite.com". Researching that, it looks like the site is implicated with a bunch of malware/spyware and is currently not online.

Everything seems fine this morning though.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:35 PM   #87
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
All day yesterday this was happening to me too. I wrote down the site incase it will help.

http://dontclickonthislink.trufelsit...ck/n1404-7.htm

My browser crashed twice, once at work and once at home using IE7. Had to restart the computer and a funky little thing came up when the computer was shutting down. One of those "trying to end this program" boxes came up with a bunch of weird characters as the title of the program. I ran virus scan and spyware/malware scan and nothing popped up.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 04:16 PM   #88
Aquarium Advice Addict

Don't click the link Lindsay posted! While the current web host seems to have yanked the site, it could come back to life!
Old 09-14-2007, 07:31 PM   #89
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
I have edited the link so it wont work even if they do click on it. I did see that just tonight and my browser crashed. I will have to look at the code although I was looking at a search results page not the home page. Given that it showed up on the search results page its very odd so it must be code that loads on any page view and there is very little code that does that.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:40 PM   #90
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Hehe, oops. I forgot to put in there NOT to click that link. Thanks for the back up guys.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com