AA main page...Trojan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I may have just come up with a temp fix for this. I went into my norton antispam and blocked the "google.info/counter" site. I have reloaded the main site along with a few other pages for now and it seems to work. I seen it try to come up on the main page but nothing else happened.

Don't know why I didn't think of that sooner.

No, it's still here.

I am furious that Aquarium Advice has known about this trojan for MONTHS now and STILL has not fixed the damned thing.

I moved this month, so have not been to AA for awhile. Today I logged back on, and POOF....I have a trojan downloader ("agent downloader") on my system. I googled and consulted tech support and was advised that I will now have to spend days of my time reinstalling my operating system and getting all my updates and settings back up to date, because my antivirus program (a well-known, popular AV) can't do a damned thing about this trojan. I also at this point am unable to reinstall using system disks, because the trojan shut down settings that are needed to boot from disk. This is going to be a messy and lengthy and possibly expensive fix. Thanks a lot, AA.

I am ANGRY. People run forums all over the internet. When you find out that your site is harming people's computers, you do something about it. This has been a problem now for MONTHS. At a certain point, you scrap the website and start over from scratch if you have to. That is the responsible thing to do, rather than relying on half-fixes and continuing to put people at risk.

I will not be back to this site, even though it is full of the some of the most wonderful people and fish lovers I have found online. I am angry that you have done this to my computer, and that you have separated me from a site I love.

For their sake, I hope you do something about this, finally. In the meantime, I will spread the word among my fishy friends NOT to visit AA, if they care about their computers.

fearlessfisch

I've found that encounter this problem with the virus at random. I'll go for quite awhile with no errors, and then it pops up again.

Since I have a log for each of my aquariums on this site, I'd put links to them in my sig for other forums that I visit long before this problem ever showed up. Today I was asked to consider removing the links from my sig by a member of another site that had encountered the virus on this site when clicking on one of my links. I've done so out of courtesy to the other site.

Greetings. I am a member of a car board (SpyderChat.com). I don't recommend you visit, as we are having the same or similar problems as reported in this thread. I found this board and thread by googling.

Have you solved your problem? If so, what was the solution?

Back
Top Bottom