Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Android app pictures issue

Is anyone having this problem like I am?

I used to be able to click one picture and then scroll through the list of pic that the page has by tapping at the icons of the other pics, but now I have to go back and forth in order to see other pics of the same page under a thread. my Note3 should have more capability that my older phone and yet I can't do what my old phone used to do. Also the pics I clicked can't be enlarged, I thought I was able to do that before as well by using two fingers. anyone on the same boat with me?

Old 12-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

so I'm the only one?

Old 12-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Let me us an example: so I'm viewing the thread "coral showcase thread" and this posting by Garrett that has 6 pics like shown

i click on the second pic, notice the top of the screen capture. what happened to the thumbnails for the other pics that are normally displayed?

i know i used to be able to view the pics associated with the thumbnails before simply by clicking on the thumbnails. but now i have to go back to the thread page in order to view the pic next in line
Old 12-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #4
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

When you updated, you switched over to the tapatalk platform, which is what we now use instead of forumrunner. There are a lot of similarities, but a lot of differences as well. It will take some getting used to, but I think the new platform will ultimately give us less problems and a much more stable app

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
When you updated, you switched over to the tapatalk platform, which is what we now use instead of forumrunner. There are a lot of similarities, but a lot of differences as well. It will take some getting used to, but I think the new platform will ultimately give us less problems and a much more stable app
i have the Tapatalk app, but that's not associated with this app. this is a separate app found directly under Play Store. I'm confused, are you saying that I should use Tapatalk and find Aquarium Advice?
Old 12-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #6
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

No. I'm saying that we switched from a forumrunner based app to a tapatalk based app. It's still branded as our own, just uses their software. That's why you're seeing a change in the way the app is working, because it's completely redesigned.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
Old 12-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
No. I'm saying that we switched from a forumrunner based app to a tapatalk based app. It's still branded as our own, just uses their software. That's why you're seeing a change in the way the app is working, because it's completely redesigned.
if that's the case, everyone should have the same problem that I'm having, correct?
Old 12-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's working fine for me on Galaxy Note 2.

It doesn't look like the Android app has been switched over from Forum Runner yet to me. The look and functionality are still quite a bit different from Tapatalk, which is what I've been using recently to view the forum. Hopefully the update will take care of the issue for you.
severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have note 3. other than the picture issue, I have no complaints
Old 12-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #10
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfisher33 View Post
if that's the case, everyone should have the same problem that I'm having, correct?
It would seem that the droid app hasn't been switched over yet. My apologies.

I can only recommend doing the standard troubleshooting steps... delete app, reboot phone, reinstall. Let me know if that doesn't work and I'll reach out to our tech guy.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com