Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #41
Sliced Bread

I believe that iphone/ipad and droids run on a different application server software (i.e. it's 2 different things, not a single server side app).

Either way, we apologize for the issues and assure you the app developers are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Addict

Please fix this quickly.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ml#post1456422
Deckape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:01 AM   #43
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilanh View Post
I believe that iphone/ipad and droids run on a different application server software (i.e. it's 2 different things, not a single server side app).

Either way, we apologize for the issues and assure you the app developers are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.
So, it's not the app, but the server that's down? If it's just the app update, a roll back (to 1.2.7) would bring AA back online with android users in a matter of minutes (sans DLing from the Market).
Old 05-09-2011, 12:12 AM   #44
Aquarium Advice Activist

I agree. If this is an app issue and you are not rolling back to 1.2.7....angry folks indeed. Does anybody have a 1.2.7 .apk file that they could try out?
Old 05-09-2011, 12:18 AM   #45

if it crapped out before the last update, its not going to be an apk problem, its going to be a server issue with connection to the host site ie this one.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:24 AM   #46
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherspawn View Post
if it crapped out before the last update, its not going to be an apk problem, its going to be a server issue with connection to the host site ie this one.
Actually the app worked for about 3 days with 1.2.14, then took a powder. The fact that the stable 1.2.7 wasn't reissued, means it's a server issue IMO. I've had a few apps rolled back because an update was bad, so it's not uncommon.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:29 AM   #47

yeah it has to be server related. once an apk is released with whatever issues it has, its generally not going just quit connection and error out unless it cant connect. Most likely has to do with modifications that they are doing to this forum, and the possibility of the connection with the app because of the changes.. that's my guesstimate. I think once they finish doing the mods on the forum, that they can then update the server info to the apk and everything should be fine after that.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:32 AM   #48
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherspawn View Post
yeah it has to be server related. once an apk is released with whatever issues it has, its generally not going just quit connection and error out unless it cant connect. Most likely has to do with modifications that they are doing to this forum, and the possibility of the connection with the app because of the changes.. that's my guesstimate. I think once they finish doing the mods on the forum, that they can then update the server info to the apk and everything should be fine after that.
Good point, since they've been working on upgrading the site with the premium membership.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:55 AM   #49
Aquarium Advice Activist

This experience really makes you appreciate seamless updates.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:17 AM   #50

POTM Champion

Wow, and I thought my iPhone using buddies complain a lot when something doesn't work right.
Come on guys use the browser version while this is worked out. If it is indeed a problem with the app the admins are at the mercy of forum runner. There's nothing they can do about it. Android has many fragmentation issues to overcome.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com