Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 05-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #41
Sliced Bread
 
neilanh's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 8,482
I believe that iphone/ipad and droids run on a different application server software (i.e. it's 2 different things, not a single server side app).

Either way, we apologize for the issues and assure you the app developers are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.
__________________

__________________
~Neilan
In the DC Metro Area? Check out GWAPA and WAMAS
neilanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Deckape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,567
Please fix this quickly.
__________________

__________________
Smile, it makes folks think that you're up to something.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ml#post1456422
Deckape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:01 AM   #43
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mr. Limpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northern California (Marin)
Posts: 4,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilanh View Post
I believe that iphone/ipad and droids run on a different application server software (i.e. it's 2 different things, not a single server side app).

Either way, we apologize for the issues and assure you the app developers are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.
So, it's not the app, but the server that's down? If it's just the app update, a roll back (to 1.2.7) would bring AA back online with android users in a matter of minutes (sans DLing from the Market).
__________________
Mr. Limpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:12 AM   #44
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 103
I agree. If this is an app issue and you are not rolling back to 1.2.7....angry folks indeed. Does anybody have a 1.2.7 .apk file that they could try out?
__________________
royta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:18 AM   #45
member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 675
if it crapped out before the last update, its not going to be an apk problem, its going to be a server issue with connection to the host site ie this one.
__________________
pantherspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:24 AM   #46
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mr. Limpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northern California (Marin)
Posts: 4,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherspawn View Post
if it crapped out before the last update, its not going to be an apk problem, its going to be a server issue with connection to the host site ie this one.
Actually the app worked for about 3 days with 1.2.14, then took a powder. The fact that the stable 1.2.7 wasn't reissued, means it's a server issue IMO. I've had a few apps rolled back because an update was bad, so it's not uncommon.
__________________
Mr. Limpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:29 AM   #47
member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 675
yeah it has to be server related. once an apk is released with whatever issues it has, its generally not going just quit connection and error out unless it cant connect. Most likely has to do with modifications that they are doing to this forum, and the possibility of the connection with the app because of the changes.. that's my guesstimate. I think once they finish doing the mods on the forum, that they can then update the server info to the apk and everything should be fine after that.
__________________
pantherspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:32 AM   #48
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mr. Limpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northern California (Marin)
Posts: 4,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherspawn View Post
yeah it has to be server related. once an apk is released with whatever issues it has, its generally not going just quit connection and error out unless it cant connect. Most likely has to do with modifications that they are doing to this forum, and the possibility of the connection with the app because of the changes.. that's my guesstimate. I think once they finish doing the mods on the forum, that they can then update the server info to the apk and everything should be fine after that.
Good point, since they've been working on upgrading the site with the premium membership.
__________________
Mr. Limpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:55 AM   #49
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 103
This experience really makes you appreciate seamless updates.
__________________
royta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:17 AM   #50
member

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 132
Wow, and I thought my iPhone using buddies complain a lot when something doesn't work right.
Come on guys use the browser version while this is worked out. If it is indeed a problem with the app the admins are at the mercy of forum runner. There's nothing they can do about it. Android has many fragmentation issues to overcome.
__________________

__________________
mfergusonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Forum Mobile Apps for iPhone, iPad and Android Devices! Janet H Forum Admin & Announcements 49 10-21-2016 05:37 PM
Android app to track multiple tanks (MTS) Mr. Limpet Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 2 04-08-2011 12:51 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.