Anyone else want the old app version back?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caliban07

Aquarium Advice Addict
Sorry guys but I can't get to grips with this new lay out and what's with the adverts?

One of the things this forum has over the others is it's application feature but the pictures are distracting and where is the indication that you have yet to read a thread that you are subscribed to?

Kind regards

Cal.

I'm fortunate that my android still has the old version. New one sounds pretty weak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm not wanting to have a moan. I expect changes to take time to get used to but ultimately this is not going to happen. Wish I was with you Brook.

Yes, it is different and takes some getting used to.
As for the images, in the Settings you can turn the Image Preview OFF. That will make the thread listings looks a lot smoother.
There is a small blue rectangle on the left margin that indicates unread threads/posts. In the image below, thread 1 has been read, thread 2 is an annoying ad, and threads 3 and 4 are unread:
R8gThNeh.jpg
Hope this helps.
Interesting that the new version is not applied to all platforms (yet).

Last edited:
Ok I figured how to do most of the stuff I like to do and when it's read or not.

How do I get rid of the ad's? I'm a paid supporter and would expect to be able to not be bombarded with them.

Ok I figured how to do most of the stuff I like to do and when it's read or not.

How do I get rid of the ad's? I'm a paid supporter and would expect to be able to not be bombarded with them.

Hi, The app platform reminds me of tapatalk and unfortunately looking through both the AA app and tapatalk I can't see a way to be rid of ads. You can minimise the content seen by turning off the content / image previews (in app settings) it looks like but this is a global switch for all threads.

I would try the "contact us" button at the bottom of the web view to contact support to see if they know.

I have tried the "remove sponsor adds" feature in web view (settings - edit options - miscellaneous options) however this seems to only change settings for web view, not the app.

In the app I have content previews on and image previews off. I'm kind of used to tapatalk for local aus forums so find that ok for my phone but it is one of the larger screen types.

What is the difference between subscribed and participated? Ok I think I know but if I comment on a subject I know I have participated, but have I subscribed as well?

What is the difference between subscribed and participated? Ok I think I know but if I comment on a subject I know I have participated, but have I subscribed as well?

I think participated is posted (this auto-subscribes you to the thread).

Subscribed is either posted or just following the thread.

Edit - there is a little blue bar on left side for unread posts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom