anyone hate this new aa format?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How Do You Like the New Format

• Dont like it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It rocks

• What old format?

• Total voters

hc8719

Aquarium Advice Addict
its driving me crazy, we use to have nice smooth bright blue curvey boxes, now we just got some plain, boxy box (i know that sounds stupid) i really despise this new format, looks just like one of the thousand similar aquarium forums.

when did this happen, i was in cincinnati on sunday campaigning for congressman chabot (dont forget to vote tuesday) and i check back now, and the sites warped.

ya, ya i saw the email about ei7, didnt realize it would do this

bring back the old format!

bring back the old format!

We did nothing to the format. We changed the default format to a style we know to work with IE7, cause IE7 breaks our old default style and it is due this month to be added to windows automatic updates as a critical update.

Go to the home page, www.aquariumadvice.com and log in, in the upper right there is a box to change your style (format), try them all on for size and see which one suits your fancy, the old default style is still there, if is just not the "default" anymore, you have to tell the site that is the style you want to use ;)

Just a FYI, the "old" default style is called fi-subice if you don't want to try out the others. I like the graphite and have been using it for awhile, another favorite of mine is "BlackSoul".

lol, i freaked and thought it was something i did, lol, but then quickly fig out u can change it back.

I like the black as well! It was time for a change (and I forgot you could change the format too :)) This one is nice though!

I didn't mind the Graphite, but I always use blacksoul, so I changed it back to that.

Oh and by the way I explained this ALL in the post I made in site help/feedback just after I made the changes yesterday. I quit honestly dont care what style you like or if you like graphite or not. I dont like graphite near as much as I like fisubice but I dont have the time to track down the issues with fisubice right now and I also dont feel like hearing tons of people whine about how the site looks with fisubice in IE7 so thats why I forced everyone's settings to graphite. But your free to change it to what ever you want but when you do upgrade to IE7 if you ever choose to use that browser and things dont look right in your prefered style dont complain as there are alternate styles that work just fine.

We will fix the other styles when we get time.

The only thing that bothers me is where you would normally click on "Mark all topics read" on other sites, there's a "Watch this forum for new topics" link so you go to click on "Mark all topics read" while not paying enough attention and then all of a sudden your e-mail is being bombarded each time someone posts because you clicked the wrong link.

Back
Top Bottom