Aquarium Advice 2006 Calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
Aquarium Advice is in the process of putting together a wall calendar for 2006. This wall calendar will be the ultimate gift for any aquarists. What we need from members is photos. We are asking members to submit photos they would like to see included in the calendar. We will pick 6 freshwater photos and 6 saltwater photos from the submissions for the calendar. In addition one lucky winner will get their photo on the cover of the calendar. These calendars will be priced at $16.99/each.

Here are the requirements for the photo submissions. All photos should be submitted in jpg or tiff format. All images should be as large as possible with the ideal size being 1800X2300. This will permit the images to fill the top of the calendar fully. Each image should be no larger than 10MB in size. Images that are selected for the calendar will be edited to include a tag line in the bottom right of the image that says "Photo taken by: Your name". Submissions should be sent to aacalendar@gmail.com. If your image is selected we will notify you for the correct spelling of your name as well as inform you of which month your image will be featured.

In addition to offering a 12 month flip calendar we have a large 2006 calendar poster that is 12" X 17" in size. This calendar poster is available now at the great price of $6.99 plus shipping and tax. For more information on the poster as well as other products that are AA branded please visit http://www.cafepress.com/aquacalendar

Just to update a little, for the cover we will most likely be using a FW and a SW photo and splitting the image. Similar to what I've done up below. Forgive the subject matter...it's what I had handy.

Attachments

• split.jpg
    split.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 177
A few questions: :D

How many photos can a member enter?
Can a member have more than one photo selected in either category?
Who will be choosing the photos to be included?
Will those people be eligible to enter photos themselves?
Photos must be taken by, and the property of the member submitting them, correct?
If a member has copyrighted a photo, is a release needed?

How many photos can a member enter?

Let's cap it at 5

Can a member have more than one photo selected in either category?

Alot of that will depend on how many entries we get. If enough quality photos come in....no member will have more than one photo in the calendar. That is not per category, that's for the whole thing. If we get enough entries...14 members will have photos featured in the calendar.

Who will be choosing the photos to be included?

Aaron and I have not discussed this yet, but I'm sure the bulk of the selection will be handled by he and I. I'm sure when the field has been whittled down we will rely on the advisors for help as well.

Will those people be eligible to enter photos themselves?

Yes, everyone is eligible.

Photos must be taken by, and the property of the member submitting them, correct?

Yes.

If a member has copyrighted a photo, is a release needed?

As all photos are copyrighted to the photographer the moment the photo is taken...all photos should be accompanied by a signed release. Over the next few days Aaron and I will come up with a release that can be downloaded, signed and we will provide any member submitting a photo with a mailing address to send the release.

As long as you have a verison that fits the size requirements. As im sure your aware the size limits we have on the photo contest images is much smaller than the size requirements for the printed calendar.

One final bump...

Submission deadline is midnight Oct 20th. Any image submitted after that point will not be included in the selection process.

We have also come to the conclusion that we will be offering TWO calendars. One for the saltwater enthusiasts and one for the freshwater.

They will be priced at $16.99 and will include 12 high resolution images taken from our own members tanks. Each photo will include a tag line simular to this

SCIENTIFIC NAME - COMMON NAME
Photo supplied by: YOURNAMEHERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom