Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-20-2005, 01:04 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Aquarium Advice 2006 Calendar

Aquarium Advice is in the process of putting together a wall calendar for 2006. This wall calendar will be the ultimate gift for any aquarists. What we need from members is photos. We are asking members to submit photos they would like to see included in the calendar. We will pick 6 freshwater photos and 6 saltwater photos from the submissions for the calendar. In addition one lucky winner will get their photo on the cover of the calendar. These calendars will be priced at $16.99/each.

Here are the requirements for the photo submissions. All photos should be submitted in jpg or tiff format. All images should be as large as possible with the ideal size being 1802300. This will permit the images to fill the top of the calendar fully. Each image should be no larger than 10MB in size. Images that are selected for the calendar will be edited to include a tag line in the bottom right of the image that says "Photo taken by: Your name". Submissions should be sent to aacalendar@gmail.com. If your image is selected we will notify you for the correct spelling of your name as well as inform you of which month your image will be featured.

In addition to offering a 12 month flip calendar we have a large 2006 calendar poster that is 12" X 17" in size. This calendar poster is available now at the great price of $6.99 plus shipping and tax. For more information on the poster as well as other products that are AA branded please visit http://www.cafepress.com/aquacalendar

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:13 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Just to update a little, for the cover we will most likely be using a FW and a SW photo and splitting the image. Similar to what I've done up below. Forgive the subject matter...it's what I had handy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg split.jpg (169.0 KB, 175 views)

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Old 09-20-2005, 03:41 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

A few questions:

How many photos can a member enter?
Can a member have more than one photo selected in either category?
Who will be choosing the photos to be included?
Will those people be eligible to enter photos themselves?
Photos must be taken by, and the property of the member submitting them, correct?
If a member has copyrighted a photo, is a release needed?
Old 09-20-2005, 06:18 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
How many photos can a member enter?
Let's cap it at 5

Quote:
Can a member have more than one photo selected in either category?
Alot of that will depend on how many entries we get. If enough quality photos come in....no member will have more than one photo in the calendar. That is not per category, that's for the whole thing. If we get enough entries...14 members will have photos featured in the calendar.

Quote:
Who will be choosing the photos to be included?
Aaron and I have not discussed this yet, but I'm sure the bulk of the selection will be handled by he and I. I'm sure when the field has been whittled down we will rely on the advisors for help as well.

Quote:
Will those people be eligible to enter photos themselves?
Yes, everyone is eligible.

Quote:
Photos must be taken by, and the property of the member submitting them, correct?
Yes.

Quote:
If a member has copyrighted a photo, is a release needed?
As all photos are copyrighted to the photographer the moment the photo is taken...all photos should be accompanied by a signed release. Over the next few days Aaron and I will come up with a release that can be downloaded, signed and we will provide any member submitting a photo with a mailing address to send the release.

Old 09-24-2005, 05:46 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to StripesTheEel
Hey guys,

Im confusing myself.. but ideal is 1800pixels high x 2300 wide or 1800 wide x 2300 high..

Thanks!

Matt

Also when is the due date?
Old 09-24-2005, 07:51 AM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

2300x1800 and the due date is 10/20/05
Old 09-24-2005, 09:48 AM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

2300 wide X 1800 high, the calendar is in horizontal format.

Old 09-24-2005, 10:46 AM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
I thought the due date was 10/20/05. Maybe we changed it and I forgot.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:57 AM   #9
AA Team Emeritus

hehehe

Old 09-24-2005, 11:49 AM   #10
AA Team Emeritus

Ok...now I'm confused???

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com