Aquarium Advice moves to new server

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
Members of Aquariumadvice.com,

It is our pleasure to announce that we are moving the site to a new host.
The move will occur Dec 1st and could take as long as 48 hours. As with any growth, there will be a few growing pains :-(, this is unfortunate but necessary. For a brief time after the move, there will be some features that are not operational, and some that will work, but may go a little haywire.

Things to expect:
1. Main banner will not work.
2. Rank images will not work
3. Smilies will not work
4. Random logouts will occur (this may also happen when replying to a post so it is advisable to copy all replies and new posts to notepad, prior to submitting)
5. Adding reviews to the review section will not work.
6. Avatars that have been uploaded to the site will not function.
7. Users will be auto logged out when viewing the photo gallery.
8. Webring and newsletter sign-up may not work correctly.

While the list may seem long, we felt that this option would allow the site to stay open during the move, with no loss of data. After the site has been moved, we ask that you not use the following links (they will take you to the wrong site and any posts will be lost) .
www.aquariumadvice.com/viewforum.php
www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php

We appreciate your patience in this matter, we are determined to make the move as painless as possible for our members, but some things are out of our control. These problems could last only a few hours, or as long as 48 hrs, they will occur as a result of the DNS servers being updated, some users will be updated before others. Once all the dns servers have been updated the site will return to normal operation and appearance. Again we appreciate your patience in this matter.

Please continue to access the site by going to http://www.aquariumadvice.com

The move will have no effect on our domain name. You will know the move is over when all the items above listed as items to expect are working correctly. Also durring the transition period you will see a redirect page with a link to the temporary URL by visiting www.aquariumadvice.com once the move is complete you will no longer see this page.

Sincerely,

The Administration

Whoot! Whoot!

This AM it appears the server move has occured for my ISP. Hope this is a good sign for everyone else.

When I go into the photogallery i get the following error?
Warning: fopen("/home/aquacon/public_html/albums/album19/photos.dat.lock", "a+") - Permission denied in /home/aquacon/public_html/modules/gallery/platform/fs_unix.php on line 53
Error: Could not open lock file (/home/aquacon/public_html/albums/album19/photos.dat.lock)!
Warning: fopen("/home/aquacon/public_html/albums/album19/album.dat.lock", "a+") - Permission denied in /home/aquacon/public_html/modules/gallery/platform/fs_unix.php on line 53
Error: Could not open lock file (/home/aquacon/public_html/albums/album19/album.dat.lock)!
Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/aquacon/public_html/modules/gallery/platform/fs_unix.php:53) in /home/aquacon/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 45

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/aquacon/public_html/modules/gallery/platform/fs_unix.php:53) in /home/aquacon/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 637

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/aquacon/public_html/modules/gallery/platform/fs_unix.php:53) in /home/aquacon/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 638

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/aquacon/public_html/modules/gallery/platform/fs_unix.php:53) in /home/aquacon/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 639

Your DNS servers probably haven't updated yet. When I visit the gallery, it is just fine, accept it doesn't recognize Aarons 80 gal and his 20 gal albums and wants them removed :D

OH, not good. Not that it is too seriuos I still get all the pictures and the galleries and stuff. It is just the header.

Somethingfishy,

check again I was in the middle of trying to correct the issue that kevin refered to and what you posted is what I was seeing. I was doing this about 20 min ago I guess so I suppose you went into the gallery around the same time frame. If you go in now and it still says that then hit refresh on your browser to force it to go out and get the new code.

When all else fails close IE and reopen it that will force it to refresh the pages next time you visit them.

Hey fishfreek,

Great JOB !!!

I was still having issues last night, but everything seems OK today.

It so great to see the site evolve. :D

last night you would have for sure as the change acutally occured yesterday evening around 7:30-8:00PM. The first time the servers would have been updated would have been last night or early this AM.

But I have to say full credit can and should not go with me. Reefrunner69 and Netbloke where both also key to making this move possible and successful.

Back
Top Bottom