Aquarium Advice needs your pics!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
In many applications on both sides of this hobby the color temperature of your lighting is preference. Basicly if you provide the intensity the color (with in reason) doesn't matter. Ever wanted to change your lighting, but didn't know what the bulb combination you wanted to try would look like? Ever wanted to get a look at a particular bulb before you laid out the cash for it? Well we are trying to help you in that endeavor :D

We have started a new gallery dedicated to lamp color comparison. The gallery is broken down by Type and then color temperature. What we need from you guys is the pictures to fill it up. Right now the entire gallery has 3 pictures in it, we need more. This is a project that spans the disciplines, FW or SW you want your tank to have the look you like. So what we need from you is to post you pics to this thread, along with the pic of your tank we need to know...
1) Bulb type/types
2) Number of bulbs
3) wattage of bulbs
4) manufacturer of bulbs
5) Color temerature of bulb/s (K rating)
6) ballast running the bulb/s, if known
7) What size tank it's on

If you are running multiple bulb types, turn one set off and take pics of them individually as well as together. We need as much detail as you can provide, the only requirement of the pic is that it accurately depicts the color of your tank. Once your pics have been downloaded, we will post a link to your pic/pics in the gallery and you can remove the picture from your upload quota.

Hare is a link to the gallery, once we got some pics in there there will be a link to it on the homepage ;) Bulb Color Comparison Gallery The only people that can add pics to this gallery are mods and admins, so post your pics in this thread or in the regular gallery and provide us a link and we will put the pics in the color comparison gallery.

Thank you for your help, this should be a fun and useful project!!!

GrndHog said:
Great Idea!!! :wink:

Ditto. As soon as I get my fourth bulb, that ended up backordered, and turn on my second 110watt fixture, I'll definately post.

Sweet I will geto some pics of my 10k Xm MH bulbs for you later today.. My actinics are extremely hard to get with my Digital camera.. Cant seem to get a good pic no mater what setting I use.. Although the Hamiltons 03s are very nice..

James

1) Bulb type/types - VHO

2) Number of bulbs - 3, 60 inch

3) wattage of bulbs - 140ea Total 420

4) manufacturer of bulbs - URI

5) Color temerature of bulb/s (K rating) 1 Actinic Blue, 2 Actinic White

6) ballast running the bulb/s, if known - Ice Cap 660

7) What size tank it's on - 150gal

Great idea! But when I *upgrade* my lighting I'm going to be doing it the cheap way at Home Depot, so I doubt anyone will care :p

reefrunner edit your first post to include the link. make it easier to find. thanks!

reefrunner edit your first post to include the link. make it easier to find. thanks!

OK, I'd like to point out though...only mods and admins can add photos to this gallery, add the photos to this thread and we will put them in the gallery. This is simply to prevent someone from registering and putting a picture of their cat or something in this gallery.

250w 10k XM bulbs without actinics

Hope I got the pics right LOL I will have some 250w 14k Hamiltons with and without actinics for you on Thursday thx to Darin at Captivereefs.com

HTH<
James

it would be easier to view the gallery if people didnt have to click on view comments and scroll halfway down the page to get the link to it. thats all i meant. :mrgreen:

Ok here is a pic of my tank with a 14k hamilton bulb on the Left and a 10k XM bulb on the right.. I like the looks of the Hamilton 14k bulbs alot. But I am undecided as to which look I like better so I am going to run the tank with a mix for the time being.. Does anyone see any unforseen issues with doing this??? Also I have attached a single shot of just the left side with the 14k bulb.. BTW actinics are on in both pics. and are 2x55w Hamilton PC actinics

James

Here is a better full shot of the tank with 2x250w 14k hamilton bulbs w/ Actinics..

James

Back
Top Bottom