Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-19-2007, 06:18 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
Community Admin

I just wanted to jump in and say hello. I am Andy and I started my first forum about 6 years ago. Over the years I have adopted and acquired a few other forums and in 2005 I decided to leave my job to work with forums full time. I really love meeting all the members through the discussions and working with the mod/admin teams on each site.

I live a somewhat vagabond lifestyle since I have been traveling for 2.5 years. I am currently in Dallas, Tx for the holidays. Since I started traveling, I have been to 5 continents, 18 countries and about 7,000 miles of road tripping here in the USA. I do plan to settle down at some point in the next couple of years and then I will be armed with lots of great info to starting fostering my own aquarium!

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Regards,

Andy

Old 12-19-2007, 06:22 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to AA, Andy!

Old 12-19-2007, 06:34 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to black hills tj Send a message via MSN to black hills tj Send a message via Yahoo to black hills tj
So we are now owned by someone who doesn't have an aquarium?

http://www.bhtj.net
Old 12-19-2007, 06:43 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

So what.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:58 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak
Community Admin

Black Hills, you are correct. Please don't let that worry you. I have been managing online forums for many years, some have been on topics that do not rank very high on my personal interest list. The number one thing I have learned over the years is that the community is not about me but about the members. I am not here to give advice about aquariums but to listen to the members see what we can do to make the community better.

I am looking forward to learning a lot more about aquariums and when I settle down I am planning to start watching Craigslist in hopes of finding a nice salt water setup for me to foster. I have a lot to learn which I am very excited about. In college obtained all my science credits studying marine ecology at Hoftsra University's marine biology lab in Jamaica. I have always loved being underwater have been scuba diving since I was 14 years old. Last year I was at the Great Barrier Reef and owning a salt water aquarium will be a big help for me in identifying species when diving. So I might not own an aquarium yet, I look forward to getting one once I am knowledgeable on the subject.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:43 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to black hills tj Send a message via MSN to black hills tj Send a message via Yahoo to black hills tj
If you don't mind me asking, what other forums do you run?

http://www.bhtj.net
Old 12-19-2007, 08:10 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
Welcome to AA Andy. I for one am looking forward to getting to know you and having you manage the site. If you have any questions or concerns I would be more than happy to help in any capacity I can. I do hope I can help you once you decide to get an aquarium. I got bit by the bug and now have 13 of them! LOL.

-----------
Site Administrator
Old 12-19-2007, 08:31 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Kevin and Aaron,
As already said, thank you both for creating a very cool, friendly place to learn and share. I learned everything I know about planted tanks from the good people on this site. I started with a ten gallon and now have a 75 and am picking up a new 125 this weekend. Couldn't have done it without you. I wish you both all the best in whatever you do, you are great people.
Glenc.
90 gallon, Crypt undulata "broad leaf" Lobelia cardinalis small and large form. H.corymbosa "compact" Crypt parva, Crypt Red Wendetti Downoi, Bacopa, Samolus Valerandi, Limnophilla Aromatica Alternanthera Reineckii lilacina(purple)
2x 150 Wt 10000k HQI Metal Halide, 2x 65 Wt 6700k-Colourmax
Old 12-19-2007, 09:00 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to Wizzard~Of~Ozz
I hope you get to enjoy your free time, This site has been a great help to a lot of people and I hope it still will.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:26 PM   #20
AA Team Emeritus

Kevin and Aaron, thank you very much for your dedication to this site. I'm glad to hear that you'll still be members here!

Andy, welcome aboard! I will help out however I can also.

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com