Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-19-2007, 09:28 PM   #21
AA Team Emeritus

FWIW, the sites that Andy owns are listed in the link I provided in the first post, www.socialknowledge.net and for that matter I haven't had an aquarium set up and running for the first year I owned the site and haven't for the last couple of years.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Old 12-19-2007, 09:44 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to black hills tj Send a message via MSN to black hills tj Send a message via Yahoo to black hills tj
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefrunner69
FWIW, the sites that Andy owns are listed in the link I provided in the first post, www.socialknowledge.net and for that matter I haven't had an aquarium set up and running for the first year I owned the site and haven't for the last couple of years.
Hence your apparent lack of interest in the forum as of late...[/b]

http://www.bhtj.net
Old 12-19-2007, 09:47 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thank you Kevin and Aaron for the time that you have invested into this forum. The countless hours that you have both spent working on this forum is greatly appreciated. Without you guys we would not have the membership that we have today. Priorities change and the family should always come first. I wish you both the best for the future and hope to see you around the boards.

Welcome to the site Andy. We have some of the most knowledgable members on the web. I look forward to working with and getting to know you in the future.

29 Gallon Lake Malawi Fry
55 Gallon Community
150 Gallon Lake Malawi Cichlid
Old 12-19-2007, 09:52 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Mike: Kevin's lack of posting recently is not up for ridicule. He has priorities and his career comes first. It would be irresponsible to ask someone to give up a job they have worked hard for so they can post on an internet forum. If you continue in this path of posting, your abilities in this thread will be gone.

55 Gallon Community
Old 12-19-2007, 09:55 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to rkilling1
In what amount of time will the forum be turned over? IE when will Andy replace Aaron and Kevin?
Old 12-19-2007, 09:56 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thank you, Kevin and Aaron for all your time and effort in making this an excellent community for fishkeepers.

And welcome, Andy-hopefully the negative posts will be in the minority. Change is always difficult, but I'm sure any bad feelings will smooth out shortly.

Remember that Darwin was mostly right!
Old 12-19-2007, 09:58 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to black hills tj Send a message via MSN to black hills tj Send a message via Yahoo to black hills tj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishyfanatic
Mike: Kevin's lack of posting recently is not up for ridicule. He has priorities and his career comes first. It would be irresponsible to ask someone to give up a job they have worked hard for so they can post on an internet forum. If you continue in this path of posting, your abilities in this thread will be gone.
I'm not ridiculing anyone or how anyone has spent their time. I'm simply saying that AA has gone downhill as of late. If the forum admin does not/did not have the time to take care of the forum, then they should have sought assistance sooner.

I'm simply trying to figure things out here. I think I'm being rather civil about it, don't you? What good would it do to silence me in this thread?

http://www.bhtj.net
Old 12-19-2007, 10:05 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

The problem was trying to be fixed. They spent countless hours trying to figure it out. There is a lot more to a forum code than a few clicks of a mouse. It can take months to re-write all of the code. Assistance was sought as posted in the previous thread. What is done is done. The site is fixed. We can all move forward.

55 Gallon Community
Old 12-19-2007, 10:08 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
I think it is extremely important that we all remember that Kevin and Aaron are the founders of this site and built it into what it is today. Which was obviously desirable enough to generate interest by outside parties. The site will continue to grow I am quite sure. I am in both Kevin and Aaron's debt for creating AA.

-----------
Site Administrator
Old 12-19-2007, 10:27 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Freak
Community Admin

Black Hills, I understand your point. It's my philosophy to enable the mod/admin team to manage the forum community and suspect our team has plenty of aquarium experience. This philosophy has been very successful on the other sites because I am a forum/software person and let the subject matter experts (mods/admins/members) guide me. You know how many things you have learned fostering your aquariums over time? That's the same kind of experience I have with forums. There is a lot to learn and unless you are passionate about the topic you probably only have a high level of understanding. I might not know about aquariums but I really know about forum software and hope that my understanding of that software will bring some cool new features to our community.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com