Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-19-2007, 08:20 AM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

AquariumAdvice.com under new leadership

Dear Friends,

Aaron (fishfreek) and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for being a part of our community and a part of our lives for the past 5 1/2 years. Aaron and I started this community to help fellow likeminded aquarists set up and maintain healthy tanks. While we hoped it would do well, we never expected the success the site has had, and it is owed all to you, our members. We have always taken great pride in the success of the site and the success of our members.

It takes a great deal of time, effort and expense to maintain a site the size of this one, which takes us away from our families and friends. Aaron and I have come to a time in our lives when we simply cannot commit the time and energy to maintain the site in the manner our members deserve. For that reason Aaron and I decided to sell the site to a third party. The sale will allow Aaron and I to put our time to good use, without the stress of neglecting AquariumAdvice.com.

With that said, let me introduce you to the new owner and Administrator of AquariumAdvice.com, Andy Robinowitz of Social Knowledge LLC (www.socialknowledge.net), Andy has extensive experience and knowledge in maintaining peer to peer forum communities. Aaron and I had a pretty lengthy dialogue with Andy before we committed to sell the site to him and we feel we are leaving AquariumAdvice.com in very good hands. Andy has shared with us a few of his short term plans for the site and we feel certain AquariumAdvice.com will thrive with Andy at the helm. Andy has the best intentions in mind for the site, and I hope you will welcome him to our community.

Thanks for your continued support, the members of this site have always been the best on the net.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Old 12-19-2007, 08:52 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I am sure you made the right decision. AA is an amazing community and it can continue to grow and thrive. Thanks for all you have done in the past. Without you, I would never have been bitten by the "tank bug" and certainly would not have developed such a passion out of this hobby. Now, go spend time with your families! Because they are very important. And obviously now that you have more time, I am sure you can add to your fish tanks as well.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:16 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Thank guys! I think you both went above and beyond on this whole thing with the time you gave.

Gonna be members at all? Posting from time to time?

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Old 12-19-2007, 01:17 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

So how much did the forum go for?
Old 12-19-2007, 01:25 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSvOrAx
So how much did the forum go for?
I can understand that everyone is curious, but that is not a question we are going to answer, sorry that is a matter between Aaron and me and the new owner.

We will of course still be members, we just won't be responsible for the upkeep of the site.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Old 12-19-2007, 02:15 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Kevin and Aaron,

Thank you for creating a truly wondrous place for those of us bitten by the bug. I have always felt welcomed here and the advice I have received is worth far more than I can every repay.

Enjoy the few moment you will get with your families between PWC's, feedings, fragging, etc. They deserve some of your time too.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:10 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Does this include the other sites as well ?
I wish you well with your families and future endevors that you set out for
10 gallon ~6.5 gallon custom
Old 12-19-2007, 03:12 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
We have every intent on sticking around in some fashion.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:12 PM   #9
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
AA.Com is the only site that was sold.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:08 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Skyrmir Send a message via AIM to Skyrmir
Congrats on the sale. I hope the site continues to develop and grow with the same type of people that made this a great forum to begin with.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com