Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-16-2017, 11:43 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Attachment upload quota limit...

I am getting an error trying to upload additional attachments. It says I exceeded my quota limit. I think I am at the storage limit of attachments. How do I manage my attachments from previous posts? How much is the limit? Just looking for a way to manage this.

Thanks in advance..

Old 07-17-2017, 08:19 AM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bone View Post
I am getting an error trying to upload additional attachments. It says I exceeded my quota limit. I think I am at the storage limit of attachments. How do I manage my attachments from previous posts? How much is the limit? Just looking for a way to manage this.

Thanks in advance..

Hi,

Most likely you have exceeded the quota of photo uploads provided for free. I use photobucket (as a photo hosting site) and also the forum offers a paid subscription which includes benefits such as more photo uploads.

On the AA app, tap the thread and go to web view (or on a desktop you will already be in web view).

On left side, tap 'User Control Panel' and scroll down left side to Miscellaneous - Paid Subscription. This gives a comparison of benefits.

Aquarium Advice Supporter (paid subscription)

Existing attachments would effectively lock after 6hrs (that I know of). Before this time, edits to posts can be made.

Old 07-17-2017, 01:12 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Photobucket now requires you to pay for 3rd party hosting, use imgur, it's actually free.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:16 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

If you pay to support the site you have way more! Only $15 annual. Best money I have spent on my hobby yet.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:24 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

I already used Google Photos so I'll try that. I was thinking of paying to support. Maybe in a few weeks. Just went on vacation.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:45 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Photobucket has gone down the tubes. Imgur is great. All you do is upload the photos, copy whatever photo link you want, and code for the image to appear. You type IMG (in brackets), then insert the link, and then type /IMG (in brackets)--without any spacing.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:17 PM   #7
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Oops, sorry - didn't know that on photobucket. That's a shame as was easy to use. Might be ok for the odd photo just briefly reading reviews but do agree, not what it once was.

The only issue I have with the AA album is last time I checked it is fairly easy to load a photo from iPhone album (in the AA full website area).

Copying the link out of the album on iPhone (just tried again) is extremely difficult to impossible. I'll post that with support this weekend in case an easy fix now.

So if you use a computer I find the AA album good value. If you use an iPhone, a photo-hosting site could be easier.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:42 PM   #8
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

PS OK, just got the email on paying for third party hosting and catching up here on details (must of just gotten around to Australia). Really cheeky of them to suggest upgrading to the most expensive plan. As highlighted above / strike my suggestion of Photobucket off the list.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:55 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Big fan of Imgur here. Free to use. Choice of several client apps to use (for those on the mobile app).

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com