Automatic time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
My profile was set to automatically pull the time from my computer for the time on the boards. This morning when I posted at 8:09 am it said that I had posted at 2:XX pm (forgot exactly what time it said, but it was 2 something pm). Is there a glitch on this? I switched it back to the manual configuration for the moment.

BTW- The site updates look great! It's easier to navigate around now.

This seems to be a slight problem. I would suggest using the default server time mode (the one with the asterisk) for the time being. It is probably the best method in the long run since it is sychronized with AA's server.

Until the first option can be debuged use the second option that says " Time synchronized with the server - Time Zone/DST with your computer". You will end up with the same results. The server does not drift as it updates with a centeral timeserver daily.

The time issue is going to need some additional information from everyone. I did see what was reported yesterday for myself but right now I cant reproduce it. I am set for "Time synchronized with your computer time" and thats what is supposed to be causing out of sync issues. Yet at this poing the time/date stamp of the messages are right in line with the real time.

Please specify the browser type, version, if javascript is enabled as well as if you have a firewall enabled.

I had a problem with this just now. I had my setting set to pull time and date from my computer, and it read that it was Friday, February 10th, instead of Wednesday, February 8th.

I tried switching to server local time (the second option listed) and this fixed the problem. But, to provide you with the info you wanted...

I am using firefox version 1.5.0.1 (is that just 1.5? I have no idea.) Javascript is enabled, no firewall.

I have had this occur myself on both work and home systems. IT appears to run fine and then all of a sudden it drifts. I have resorted to the manual settings and things appear to hold. This appears to be a global problem that also causes your b'day in your profile to drift. In manual mode the b'day does not drift. We will be working on this.

Sorry for not replying, I did not get an e-mail that said there have been replies to the topic.

I am usng IE 6.0, java enabled, Norton firewall.

The problem is definatly at the server level. As best I can tell its only when you have one of the automatic modes. An interesting side effect seems to be an ever changing birthday in the profile aswell.

We will be working on this over the comming week and if need be removing the automatic time features entierly. This is something that didnt crop up in the extensive testing that I did.

You guys have done an amazing job with the upgrades! The site is easier to navigate through.

Automatic time for me resulted in my all dates being 2 days fast. So on today 2/21/06, new posts would show up as 2/23/06. Just changed setting in my profile away from automatic.

I have been looking into ways to correct this and keep the day light savings changes. I may disable and remove from view the automatic time options as the manual option seems to work just fine as far as date/time stamping and for some reason ones b'day will change in he profile if automatic time is selected.

Back
Top Bottom