The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Somethingfishy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just wanted to know if you were experiencing any problems with the Avatars?

The problem, not really a problem, but everytime I open a new post or reply to an existing post my avatar disappears, but when I go and just view a post my avatar appears? If I right-click on the picture and say 'Show Picture' it also displays the avatar.

Just curious.

It's either a corrupt link in the AquariumAdvice software, or could it be that the site you are linking from is temporarily down / has problems etc ?
Mine's been OK for the record.

somethingfishy, I took a look and your avatar appears to have been removed from the server.

Given that I am the only person with access to the server at this juncture and I an honestly say I have done nothing with the avatar files I would have to say that either you accidently deleted it when/if you was working in your profile or its just one of those mysterious file deletion incidents.

Please upload your avatar again.

Was this your avatar?

0c6969383dd839e7b8249.gif

Or do I have you an another members avatar mixed up?

My avatar does show in my profile screen though? Very weird? Working in IT I can understand the 'mysterious' file disappearences?

I have experienced the same thing, but I just figured it was my connection, or my computer. I get the same thing every now and then, with the graphics that display new posts. Since it isn't all the time, I figured it was my crappy compaq.

Kevin if your avatar does not show up it has to deal with your host. Yours is linked offsite.

This occured even when it was hosted here. I do believe it has to do with my ISP, my connection or the way my computer deciphers the info sent to it. It has occured to some degree on other sites as well, same type of thing, but not necessarily the avatar.

My Avatar does not display again, now all the time, is this 'cause of the move? Do I need to re-upload it?

Wed of last week I uploaded all of the website files to the new server. This must have been when your avatar was missing.

I just reuploaded all of the avtars to the new server so that should have corrected the problem.

Remember if the server move has not completed for you your avatar may not show up.

Back
Top Bottom