"Betta Discussion" Section

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCrazyFishLady

Aquarium Advice Addict
Not sure if this is where to post this. If it's in the wrong spot, I'm really sorry!

I had the idea that maybe there should be a "Betta Discussion" Section opened up under Freshwater/Brackish. I think there are enough members on here with them and plenty of threads opened up everyday over them and their care. Also, I've noticed a good number of newbies coming on who are newly betta owners, so maybe do a sticky of generally accepted care for them? I think it would be nice to have it sorted separately so that people can easily access this specific fish information.

Just an idea I'm throwing out there, of course. Completely understand if someone thinks this is stupid:)

Good idea! I'm new to this community and I am a big betta fan. I've had my main betta for a bit over a year now and I just love him to bits.

I think that this would be a good idea! Most everyone starts off with either a betta or a goldfish, so I think that this would be VERY helpful to new comers:D

I totally agree and suggested it to a moderator too! We need some stickies on tank sizes and compatible tank mates at least!

AquaKai said:
I think that this would be a good idea! Most everyone starts off with either a betta or a goldfish, so I think that this would be VERY helpful to new comers:D

That could be a poll: how many people developed a nasty case of Multiple Tank Syndrome after getting a betta!

Me too. I had thirteen bettas at one point in my tiny little dorm. It was so humid you couldn't breathe hardly. So, I think I love bettas a ~tad~ too much.

Anyway, back on to topic about a betta section...

I made my FaBo status about this. Pretty sure my friends are embarrassed of me popping up on their News Feed.

Just so you are aware, we are currently discussing this, and will let you know when we've come to an agreement.

Awesome! I'm really glad this is actually going through!

Just for clarification, as Jonathan pointed out, the topic is under discussion, it has not been determined yet whether it will go through or not.

I think it sounds good! I had bettas for years (was the only fish we could keep alive for awhile) and want another one! Great Idea! However I think we also need a dedicated invert section. Just saying :)

After careful consideration & discussion, we have decided not to add additional forums at this time. Our experience has been adding additional forums and subforums can result in minimal traffic being driven to these areas, and result in less visibility of active threads and discussions. We all know how frustrating it can be if/when a thread goes unanswered.Thanks very much for the suggestion - and while we aren't ready to implement this particular idea, we are always open to innovation & discussing new ideas.

I think that it was probably a good idea to not add another subforum. It would be nice for all the Betta lovers, but would not get much traffic when compared to an area like the existing subforums. If you tried to appease everybody there would be hundreds of subforums for all different types of fish.

I understand why no Betta section (they fall under the tropical fish category) but I still think we need a cool water fish section. We have a cichlid section, a SW, a tropical and a pond section but not cool water fish which have different requirements. Anywho, it's been decided against now. Maybe in the future it will get revisited?

I totally understand the decision but maybe we can add some FAQ stickies on betta, coldwater etc

There may be articles that address the Betta 101 questions on the full site - but for folks on the app we can't see them. (right? Or am I missing a button somewhere?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom