Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-14-2006, 12:27 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Bookmark Access

We used to be able to access bookmarks from a link at the bottom of each page. Any chance that feature will return?

Old 02-14-2006, 07:09 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Can't say that I ever saw that feature, I always found the link on the homepage. I do know there is a link to set bookmarks on all pages.

Old 02-14-2006, 09:25 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
The links that where at the bottom of the page on certin styles wont return as many of those links where there because we felt we needed to keep the top links less cluttered. Many of those links where duplicates from the home page nav links or the personal links that are available under your profile photo on the home page. Bookmarks have returned and you can read about it here http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=71581 This version of the bookmarks system includes the ability to use a firefox browser plugin that will acutally permit you to quick click to any bookmark you have set from a drop down browser menu when using the site.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 10:44 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Any info available on the firefox browser?
Old 02-14-2006, 10:46 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchillin
Can't say that I ever saw that feature, I always found the link on the homepage. I do know there is a link to set bookmarks on all pages.
Bill, it was in little tiny letters at the bottom of the pages in the forums and in the mailbox page. Believe it or not, that's where I found it to begin with. Then I wondered why there was no access from the home page. I just had to look a little harder, it was right there in plain sight under my avitar!
Old 02-14-2006, 10:46 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Other than I thnk its far superior to internet explorer.

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:47 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'll check it out, thanks.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:22 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

If you use the firefox browser (i belive its to be superior to IE) try the plugin I mention on the announcment post. It does some interesting things as far as topic bookmarks as well as site navigation in general.

Once you experence tab browsing I dont know to many folks who go back.

Old 02-18-2006, 07:43 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

I can only imagine how much better tab browsing would be. that was the first thing that got my interest after I downloaded it. I haven't played with the browser much yet, but I plan to.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com