Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-08-2019, 08:55 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Breeding Dwarf Gourami?

I'm very new to breeding fish. I've only ever bred guppies before, but that was when I was 8 years old, and it was an accident.

One of my male dwarf gouramis keeps trying to make bubble nests, but I have a current in the tank he is in so they keep popping. He is trying so hard though, so I am looking at setting up somewhere he actually can breed. I've done quite a bit of research, though I can't find anything that tells me how to get the females to want to breed. None of my females are carrying eggs, and I don't know how to encourage them to do so. Could anyone give me advice?

Also, the male dwarf making the bubble nests is a red honey, and I only have one red honey female. I read that it isn't a good idea just to have one female in with the male, so would I be able to put my female cobalt blue in the breeding tank with him too? They seem to get along fine in the big tank they're in at the moment, but I want to be 100% sure it's okay before I do anything.

Old 07-09-2019, 12:35 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

The actual breeding part I can't offer any advice on. But if you are successful the real issue is the very tiny fry. They need special SUPER tiny food. Like infusoria. Maybe Vinegar eels and then baby brine shrimp. Anyway there might be other options too. I haven't raised them. Being prepared for the babies is top priority.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -5G Spec V Snails & Betta
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breed, breeding, dwarf, dwarf gourami, gourami, ram

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com