Cant add pics.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PoppaRyno

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys! Everytime i try to add a pic to a thread i created, it tells me I have exceeded my quota. Any help fixing this would be awsome, as pics are huge in my thread. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you have a free membership, the image quota is quite limited. If you have a paid membership, you get a 1,000 image quota. If you've exceeded that, then upload your images to a third party site such as Imgur or Photobucket and post the links to your pics in your posts.
Here is a table of free/paid membership benefits:
I8UPU0H.png

For posting videos:
GLVSUZ8.png

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks everyone. Ill just donate. Now... how to upgrade to donater?

Photo space is limited to members, but those that pay for their subscription should have unlimited storage of such if I remember correctly.
This sounds like my old forum(they can't sell enough to vendors so maybe you would like to pay to help them?)
It is your post and photos that sell this all to vendors!
I'll never pay to add photos I'll just delete older ones(we have all seen this in old post!).
Can't believe the admin can't realize what a foolish limit this is as many never add any photos.
So please don't explain cost of storage or other computer crap I don't care about !
I'm a fish keeper!
I hope Andy(admin) answers you as he never answered my pm!

I notice that upgrade table mentions album photo upload quotas. What about just general uploads as I think that's what popparyno has maxed out, not album uploads. Any clarification?

Sorry guys. Im not a technology guy. If it wasnt for the app, i wouldnt be here.

Thanks for helping, its been quite the annoying problem.

Sorry guys. Im not a technology guy. If it wasnt for the app, i wouldnt be here.

I'm less a tech guy but it seems using a "home computer" instead of phone is fairly simple and lacking the many problems the app has according to app users!

Thanks for helping, its been quite the annoying problem.

There are posts here with instructions on setting up an account on third party image hosting sites and posting images. This topic comes up quite a bit.

There are posts here with instructions on setting up an account on third party image hosting sites and posting images. This topic comes up quite a bit.

I tried photobucket. Everytime it starts to upload,it shutsdown.

I tried photobucket. Everytime it starts to upload,it shutsdown.

I've not used Photobucket :(
I use Imgur. At one time I used a mobile app called ImgurApp for uploading pics but it started acting up. I found a different app called Pocketgur for uploading and browsing/selecting stored photos and it works well.

This sounds like my old forum(they can't sell enough to vendors so maybe you would like to pay to help them?)
It is your post and photos that sell this all to vendors!
I'll never pay to add photos I'll just delete older ones(we have all seen this in old post!).
Can't believe the admin can't realize what a foolish limit this is as many never add any photos.
So please don't explain cost of storage or other computer crap I don't care about !
I'm a fish keeper!
I hope Andy(admin) answers you as he never answered my pm!

Can't delete old photos :)

Pictures are not the only perk for paid members. The ability to remove ads, a banner in signature, larger avatar, and a few other things... But the most important is that you're not required, or even asked to pay. If you don't like it, don't worry about it.

Ads, banners in signatures, avatar size are irrelevant on the AA app which is how more than 75% of members post from. Limiting picture hosting is a big bummer, especially for big contributors. Advice given is often assisted with images for reference.

Poppa, make an account at one of the following.
Photobucket
Imageshack
Google+ Images
Smugmug
Flickr
Imgur
500px

They're all free and unlimited uploads. If you need help figuring out how to post the photos once you've got them uploaded somewhere, send me a pm

Can't delete old photos :)

Pictures are not the only perk for paid members. The ability to remove ads, a banner in signature, larger avatar, and a few other things... But the most important is that you're not required, or even asked to pay. If you don't like it, don't worry about it.

Thank you for your response Jonathan.
Being new I am not completely aware of the workings of all of this.
It does seem a shame that when I reach my limit I will NEVER be able to post a picture again without paying!
Do I understand this correctly?
I can't even delete an old picture to add a new one .
I think hensleyjk makes a very good point.

Thank you for your response Jonathan.
Being new I am not completely aware of the workings of all of this.
It does seem a shame that when I reach my limit I will NEVER be able to post a picture again without paying!
Do I understand this correctly?
I can't even delete an old picture to add a new one .
I think hensleyjk makes a very good point.

No, not at all. Once you reach your limit on 'attachments', you can upload pics to the gallery and embed them in your post. Works the same as photobucket, etc except it keeps the pics on the site. If you're not sure how, I believe there's a few posts about it, or I can put something together when I get to my computer at some point.

AA app which is how more than 75% of members post from.

And 92.67234321% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I am not sure you are privy to posting reports and traffic reports here, so your contention is just conjecture.

With all due respect, I think you know what I am speaking about. Paid members receiving ad removal, signature banner ability, and a larger avatar is irrelevant to a majority of members as it makes no difference to an app user. I have made nearly 400 posts in ~1 month, so we can agree that I obviously am on here several times a day. App users typically contain (sent from XXXX using aquarium advice) or other witty combo at the bottom of their posts. When speaking on the majority of current ACTIVE members that contribute on a regular (daily) basis, most are using the app. No need to view traffic reports, or post reports to see that.

Back
Top Bottom