Can't see avatars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I still don't see any avatars, and that defeats the whole purpose of the app, might as well just use the website on my browser....

Really? I view the avatars as window dressing and usually rely on the user names instead. Aside from a static image, they offer no true value aside from being cosmetic IMO. There is still a lot of functionality in the mobile app.
Now if they would change colors or become high lighted when one was online...that would be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Really? I view the avatars as window dressing and usually rely on the user names instead. Aside from a static image, they offer no true value aside from being cosmetic IMO. There is still a lot of functionality in the mobile app.
Now if they would change colors or become high lighted when one was online...that would be interesting.

+1

It helps when you are just starting out here, but otherwise I use names not pictures.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I completely agree with that, as that's not what I meant. Sorry there should have been a comma in between there....

I meant having to go to "Web view" to see avatars and access most features, defeats the purpose of the app.

Not seeing avatars is annoying, But not that bad!

Hope that makes more sense!

I completely agree with that, as that's not what I meant. Sorry there should have been a comma in between there....

I meant having to go to "Web view" to see avatars and access most features, defeats the purpose of the app.

Not seeing avatars is annoying, But not that bad!

Hope that makes more sense!

Yes it makes sense and thanks for clearing it up.
Mobile web development is IMO still in its infancy compared to traditional web development. The mobile app has some catching up to do feature wise and does not have the luxury of real estate a traditional browser affords. But I'm sure it's evolving.
I'm not too familiar with Tapatalk (the mobile application used with AA) but from what I understand it is quite popular on multiple platforms/devices with numerous forums and blogs.

These glitches are nation wide not only on this site , I would assume it has to do with all those online shoppers over whelming the net ,

These glitches are nation wide not only on this site , I would assume it has to do with all those online shoppers over whelming the net ,

Haha what?!?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom