chat room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We disabled the old chat because it was due for renewal and wanted to find another solution (IRC based). We will be looking for a new solution and hope to get the chat back online soon.

how long?
Note sure at this point. I have submitted a ticket to get a software developer to look at implementing an IRC based chat room system. Once I hear back we will figure out if we want to renew the license on the old system or use an alternative.

I don't think there would be a point in paying to renew the old license if we are going to switch.. Ppl can always do a group chat using another IM client temporarily..

I have a teamspeak server if any one is intrested, instead of type chatting its a voice server. you need a headset with a mic, they are $ 20 at wal mart, i can help people set it up, let me know if you are intrested. if you wanna try it i will give it if ya'll wanna pm me

Any updates, Andy? :)
Yes, our programmer looked at some options on Friday. We are probably going to bring back the old chat room but make some changes to reduce SQL queries on every page. Hang tight and we should be able to bring the chat back next week.

Yes, our programmer looked at some options on Friday. We are probably going to bring back the old chat room but make some changes to reduce SQL queries on every page. Hang tight and we should be able to bring the chat back next week.

I would much rather have an irc based chat room. How much would that cost? I am willing to kick in a bit.

There is an IRC based Chat room that is free for the code. You can just copy and paste it into your page and it works pretty well. I have used it on other sites where a cheap solution precluded fancy code. The only thing is the link is static at the bottom of the page.

Back
Top Bottom