Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-16-2006, 11:53 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Chat Room Problems

It appears that there is a new problem with the Chat Room. For the last two nights in a row, the room will repeatedly Ping and the Ping Timeout people even if they are actively posting. It's annoying to say the least, and I've never had problems with getting booted from the Chat Room in the past.

I'm using the Java Interface with IE6. Let me know if you need any further info. Thanks!

Purrbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 11:55 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to webmoose
does the same thing with Firefox...

8 Gallon hex - 3 F1 Black Brichardi and fry..("Lamprologus sp. Walter")

10 gallon work tank - Pair of dwarf gourami and 2 cherry barbs / 2 gallon - 4 Fundulopanchax gardneri / 10 gallon - bunch of killitanks

Vote Here for Aquarium Advice
webmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 10:40 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Our chatroom is on a global IRC network. The irc network is composed of many different servers connected to eachother thru the IRC server protocol.

While I was online last night I didnt see any issues like you describe. I was also off line two hours or so before your posting. Its possible the problems are a result of the particular irc server you where connected to or issues with the entire irc network as a whole. Either way we have little control over the chatroom except for the specific room itself.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 04:36 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the info. Last night someone who wasn't using the Java Interface ran into the Ping Timeout problem, so I think that you're correct that it must be one of the IRC servers being tempermental.

Thanks!
Purrbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:53 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Just a note the chat room seems fine tonight. Or should I say the IRC servers the people whom are in chat with right now seem fine.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:00 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to SerLunchbox Send a message via AIM to SerLunchbox Send a message via MSN to SerLunchbox Send a message via Yahoo to SerLunchbox
I have seen what has been going on recently. The server that we are on is having what appears to be hiccups. It has actually caused many disconnections for Java users. For those that use other IRC chatting programs, you will notice that if you stay connected that you will have to reconnect after some time. The main reason for all these hiccups is that they are supposedly doing a lot of upgrades and random tests of services. This does explain a lot of the disruptions in service.

i hope that helps for some understanding.

Tankless ... for now ... until i find what i really want (and what the wife lets me get!)
SerLunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 06:32 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to SerLunchbox Send a message via AIM to SerLunchbox Send a message via MSN to SerLunchbox Send a message via Yahoo to SerLunchbox
The server seems to be back up and running withing normal parameters.

I have talked in some of the server help channels and found out that they are planning some future upgrades that will cause some disruptions in the services again.

Please let me know if you are having problems again and i will do my best to assist you in any way that i can.

I do check my logs of what has been going on soif i do see a lot of problems, i will investigate it further.

Tankless ... for now ... until i find what i really want (and what the wife lets me get!)
SerLunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chat room

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com