Chatless...I no has chat :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Innovator

Aquarium Advice Addict
Perhaps someone can help me out as I can't log into the chatroom. I have a Win7 64bit, everything updated (flash, I.E., Firefox) and when I try to enter chat it freezes the entire browser with a "not responding" message and must be closed down. This happens with antivirus on or off and with the site with security allowance. Any ideas?

When I bought a new laptop a week or so ago, it came with Mcafee installed... I literally had to uninstall it to get chat to work. I'm not very good with techy stuff, so that was the best option I found. I'll make sure Janet and the tech guys see this and see if they have any input for you.

Sometimes with anti viruses even with permissions set, sometimes if they are running a firewall it can be disruptive. Have you gone into your browser settings and changed the security options in there?

I personally run norton 360 and it's the only one I recommend. If you like free software Microsoft security essentials suffices.

I would check your browser security as a second guess. Have you installed java and done all the updates? Another thing you could try is downloading safari from apple and seeing if it runs there, those are my only suggestions from experience. I run 5 pc's all home built and each one has different issues from time to time.

The chat is java based. Please make certain that you have java loaded and up to date.

If you have pop-up blocking enabled you may not be able to log in.

Finally, I've had some issues with recent versions of Firefox freezing as well (although not in this application) you might consider downloading Chrome and trying that.

Ok so late last night Adobe finally updated for me and....wait for it....it works! Don't know what glitched with previous version, just glad this one works.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom