Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-24-2011, 09:15 PM   #11
HN1
Aquarium Advice Addict

That is already the job title of every member that enjoys AA and likes the company of fellow fishy friends. Isn't it?

The "priveledges" sound like work. That is left to the Mods and Admins. They are above and beyond here, we're lucky.

Just in case... can votes be offered on Ebay?

Old 01-24-2011, 09:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HN1 View Post
That is already the job title of every member that enjoys AA and likes the company of fellow fishy friends. Isn't it?

The "priveledges" sound like work. That is left to the Mods and Admins. They are above and beyond here, we're lucky.

Just in case... can votes be offered on Ebay?
Good point I was just off in Tyler-world I guess

Old 02-02-2011, 10:39 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Even if you were off in Tyler-world, it's still a good idea. If it happened they would probably have to picked carefully. That's why I'm resisting the urge to shout, "Pick me!! Pick me!!". Lol.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:15 PM   #14

Yeah I know
Old 02-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #15
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

I agree... sounds like a combination of members, mentors, mods, and admins

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
Old 03-05-2011, 11:56 PM   #16

Great idea! What this site should make a point of doing is getting kids into the hobby! Some may not know but I'm thirteen ! :0 when my friends would come over i would show them my MANY aquariums and they would just get ecstatic and would want to start one themselves! I do warm them not to only look at their colors and faces but the facts, what they need to thrive, and RESEARCH! Its important to keep the hobby going through generation and generations to come! Im doing my part and for my 8th grade science fair next year I am either going to do it on clownfish reproduction or seahorse spawning. I would also sell the offspring to a LFS and help raise money for my school! Hope I helped inspire some ideas!
Old 03-06-2011, 01:25 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan5359 View Post
Great idea! What this site should make a point of doing is getting kids into the hobby! Some may not know but I'm thirteen ! :0 when my friends would come over i would show them my MANY aquariums and they would just get ecstatic and would want to start one themselves! I do warm them not to only look at their colors and faces but the facts, what they need to thrive, and RESEARCH! Its important to keep the hobby going through generation and generations to come! Im doing my part and for my 8th grade science fair next year I am either going to do it on clownfish reproduction or seahorse spawning. I would also sell the offspring to a LFS and help raise money for my school! Hope I helped inspire some ideas!
Im 13 too, but dont sound like it.

Good luck on breeding both of them. Clowns should be pretty easy on breeding, but Im sure that the Seahorses are going to be a pain in the but to breed. What questions me is how you are going to get them to breed within a few hours time....
Old 03-06-2011, 10:01 AM   #18

Oh no. I would start to work on the science project say 5-6 months before the actual science fair! Haha. And I would record the whole process with my handy flip.! And I was thinking not selling them say for a good week after the science fair, this way i could bring a FEW fry there for everyone to see.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:01 PM   #19

Oh, ok.

This might help: How to Breed a Seahorse

I would just leave the Fry at your house and record a video of them. I would think moving them would bring stress, possibly death (But im not sure. Never have transported seahorse babies before...). Good luck with you project.

Oh, and If you dont mind me asking, What types of tanks do you have?
Old 03-06-2011, 03:18 PM   #20

Right now I have a 10 gallon with 2 triple black angels(juneviles), with a red tail shark, and a baby sword tail. Being upgraded to a 20 gallon in a couple weeks. I'm cycling a 5 gallon dwarf seahorse tank right now. A little while ago I was into breeding bettas. But I closed down and I want t get more not SW. Soon I hope to get a 29 gallon tank with two ocellaris clownfish and star fish .

Tags
community, mascot

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com