Community Mascot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tyspot1000

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was thinking the other day, What if we had a few forum mascots?

They will also have a bolded name under there user name like the Mentors, Mods, and Admins

Their Job is to keep the forums spirits up by congratulating people when they doing something right, commenting on pics, and keeping the forum from fights and arguments. And also supporting the forum off the internet and in reality.

Some possible privileges they could possibly get would be to only close a thread once it gets out of hand (Off topic or in arguments with other people) and deleting/removing post that are of subject (with an argument) more than the mods and admins having to keep warning people to get on topic.

Im not sure how the whole picking the mascot would work, but Im sure someone would figure it out.

What do you guys think? I was just thinking of that the other day and wanted to share it with all of you:)

I think it sounds like a pretty cool idea. For propaganda, they could spread flyers, brochures even business cards to local lfs's and pet stores. Just a thought lol.

Same here, I found this forum to be the most helpful out the other one I used to get on.

Sounds cool. Although it seems just like a mod job...

At first I thought you meant...like an anthropomorphized mascot.

That is already the job title of every member that enjoys AA and likes the company of fellow fishy friends. Isn't it? ;)

The "priveledges" sound like work. That is left to the Mods and Admins. They are above and beyond here, we're lucky.

Just in case... can votes be offered on Ebay?

That is already the job title of every member that enjoys AA and likes the company of fellow fishy friends. Isn't it? ;)

The "priveledges" sound like work. That is left to the Mods and Admins. They are above and beyond here, we're lucky.

Just in case... can votes be offered on Ebay?

Good point :) I was just off in Tyler-world I guess :D

Even if you were off in Tyler-world, it's still a good idea. If it happened they would probably have to picked carefully. That's why I'm resisting the urge to shout, "Pick me!! Pick me!!". Lol.

Great idea! What this site should make a point of doing is getting kids into the hobby! Some may not know but I'm thirteen ! :0 ;) when my friends would come over i would show them my MANY aquariums and they would just get ecstatic and would want to start one themselves! I do warm them not to only look at their colors and faces but the facts, what they need to thrive, and RESEARCH! Its important to keep the hobby going through generation and generations to come! Im doing my part and for my 8th grade science fair next year I am either going to do it on clownfish reproduction or seahorse spawning. I would also sell the offspring to a LFS and help raise money for my school! Hope I helped inspire some ideas! :)

Great idea! What this site should make a point of doing is getting kids into the hobby! Some may not know but I'm thirteen ! :0 ;) when my friends would come over i would show them my MANY aquariums and they would just get ecstatic and would want to start one themselves! I do warm them not to only look at their colors and faces but the facts, what they need to thrive, and RESEARCH! Its important to keep the hobby going through generation and generations to come! Im doing my part and for my 8th grade science fair next year I am either going to do it on clownfish reproduction or seahorse spawning. I would also sell the offspring to a LFS and help raise money for my school! Hope I helped inspire some ideas! :)

Im 13 too, but dont sound like it.

Good luck on breeding both of them. Clowns should be pretty easy on breeding, but Im sure that the Seahorses are going to be a pain in the but to breed. What questions me is how you are going to get them to breed within a few hours time....

Oh no. I would start to work on the science project say 5-6 months before the actual science fair! Haha. And I would record the whole process with my handy flip.! And I was thinking not selling them say for a good week after the science fair, this way i could bring a FEW fry there for everyone to see.

Oh, ok.

This might help: How to Breed a Seahorse

I would just leave the Fry at your house and record a video of them. I would think moving them would bring stress, possibly death (But im not sure. Never have transported seahorse babies before...). Good luck with you project.

Oh, and If you dont mind me asking, What types of tanks do you have?

Right now I have a 10 gallon with 2 triple black angels(juneviles), with a red tail shark, and a baby sword tail. Being upgraded to a 20 gallon in a couple weeks. I'm cycling a 5 gallon dwarf seahorse tank right now. A little while ago I was into breeding bettas. But I closed down and I want t get more not SW. Soon I hope to get a 29 gallon tank with two ocellaris clownfish and star fish :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom