Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-25-2006, 09:27 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Nice way to freak out, Relax on the coffee man.
Makes you sound like This portion of your post has been edited, it is in violation of the User Agreement. Further violations of the User Agreement could result in removal from our community.

I'm a technician too, chill out... You said you were working with multigig archives and backup system running. But you didn't say you were under attack by the FRAKKING INTERNET. But then again I guess you assume I was a little dumb down american who watches american idol and kills his fishes wouldn't understand. Nice way to bend over backwards and attack me just because I was just posting What I know from my end. I was being nice letting you know, offering a place to start from. *considering the board software is phpbb* Its not like I'm physic and I know the system, and the status of the system like the back off my hand. But I didn't realize you were a frakking genius like Ken Jennings on jeopardy. What do you want me to do? This portion of your post has been edited, it is in violation of the User Agreement. Further violations of the User Agreement could result in removal from our community.

I'm not critizing you in the early post. I was giving a freindly helping hand letting you know what I was experiencing, because most boards I go to are usually ran by amateurs. Hell I'm not around servers alot just client machines, and running the network. I'll pretty much do the dirty work just so you don't have to get on your hands and knees. Next Time I will stay out of your way. Actually know what, Just the rudeness from the head administrator I'll just leave. Just to make him feel all high and mighty.

Another thing I didn't realize you owned a dedicated machine so you can run several vitural web servers, which inturn several websites and your mail server. Good for you ENJOY!

~Mp

Old 10-25-2006, 11:32 AM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
And to sum all that up, minus one incident, the sites been working good for me too. I don't know the first thing about computers and servers, but MP, maybe if you stopped running so much stuff on your system you wouldn't have speed issues?

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:58 AM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
I'll just leave.
Good luck to you. Hope you find a site you can deal with better. I'm sincere. No pun intended.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Old 10-25-2006, 12:29 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishturtles
And to sum all that up, minus one incident, the sites been working good for me too. I don't know the first thing about computers and servers, but MP, maybe if you stopped running so much stuff on your system you wouldn't have speed issues?
Maybe I forgot to tell you that I'm only having an issue with this site only. If it were several other sites I would have connected the dots and would not have posted. But since its only this one I can see why you would like to pin the blame on the user instead of something else.

Another thing, Head admin drop with the dramatics. This site barely has 10,000 users versus a site like Oh scifi.com which has 3 million users with at least 500,000 users making 1000 posts per hour at any given moment. Considering they have just recently gave the site a face lift and an upgrade and are not having issues.

So good day...
Old 10-25-2006, 01:09 PM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
But since its only this one I can see why you would like to pin the blame on the user instead of something else.
Actually, we have admitted there is an issue with this site that is causing it to slow/bog down. This issue is being addressed as quickly as time permits, and the issue is intermmitent, it only occurs when we are doing necessary site maintenance and should become a non-issue once that maintenenace is complete.

Quote:
This site barely has 10,000 users versus a site like Oh scifi.com which has 3 million users with at least 500,000 users making 1000 posts per hour at any given moment.
Seems apples and oranges, if we had 3 million users with 500K users hitting the site at one time and posting 1000 posts per hour, I'm sure we would have our site on multiple servers, we could command a much larger fee from sponsors, although I doubt they use sponsors, as they are network supported. Of course you could be exxaggerating by a bit, according to their latest statistics, the forums at scifi.com aren't quite as active as you say they are.

I'm locking this thread. Be satisfied that the problem has been identified and is being corrected as quickly as we can get it done.

Oh and here is a little screen shot of the scifi.com forum stats as of 11:52am EST.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scifi_130.jpg (164.4 KB, 43 views)

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com