Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-22-2008, 09:20 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via Yahoo to Karegg
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishEggs View Post
:ju mp: We're all glad that you are here!!!!!!
Hip, Hip, HOOORAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY

Whoa.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:30 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Welcome back!!

Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:21 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to pitt420dude
So Purrbox you used to be a moderator, and then weren't, and have now returned? Are there different levels of mods and if so, is there a link to a page that explains what each means?

LOOK! A NEW LEAF!!!!!
pitt420dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:57 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Not quite. I used to be a mentor. Took a few months off from the forum during which time I also ceased being a mentor. Once I returned to the forum I took a few weeks to ensure that I was going to be sticking around before finally giving in to An t-iasg about considering becoming a mentor again.

Below I've tried to give an overview of the various roles on Aquarium Advice. I might be slightly off on some of the rights of each group, but it should give you a pretty good idea of the difference between Admins, Moderators, and Mentors.

Mentors are members of the forum that have demonstrated that they are knowlegable about the hobby. They take an active role helping out other members to get started, figure out problems, etc. They do not have any sort of administrative authority on the forum (can't move threads, split posts, merge posts, deal with spammers, etc.), but because they take on the role of helping to ensure that the questions are getting answers they do free up the moderators and admins to spend more time on those adminstrative tasks.

Moderators are the ones that make sure that things keep running, by keeping things in order, reminding members to act within the forum guidelines, moving threads to the appropriate location if posted in the wrong forum, etc.

The Admins are the owners of the forum. They are the ones that get into the guts of the code and provide us with all the enhancements to the software, take care of viruses, ban users that act inappropriately, etc.
Purrbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:20 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

You are a true treasure to this or any forum you choose to grace with your presence. You are to me the heart and spirit of what AA is about, and what drew me here in the first place. Welcome back Joy.
90 gallon, Crypt undulata "broad leaf" Lobelia cardinalis small and large form. H.corymbosa "compact" Crypt parva, Crypt Red Wendetti Downoi, Bacopa, Samolus Valerandi, Limnophilla Aromatica Alternanthera Reineckii lilacina(purple)
2x 150 Wt 10000k HQI Metal Halide, 2x 65 Wt 6700k-Colourmax
Glenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:55 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to pitt420dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrbox View Post
...members of the forum that have demonstrated that they are knowlegable about the hobby. They take an active role helping out other members to get started, figure out problems, etc..they take on the role of helping to ensure that the questions are getting answers...
This is you to a "T"!

Thank you again personally for your help in anwering mine (and many others) questions! You're truly an asset to AA.

LOOK! A NEW LEAF!!!!!
pitt420dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:59 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Joy will always be my mentor.........if she types it you can be sure it will be informative, helpful, and accurate. Welcome back to where you belong Joy.
GlitcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:53 PM   #18
AA Team Emeritus

I just wanted to chime in since Purrbox has personally given me some much needed help. Like others have said, you are not only extremely knowledgeable but you explain things in a way that is easy for anyone to understand. You do not become impatient with silly questions (like mine about using polyfiber from home depot for filter media, LOL!).

This is what makes you stand out in this forum of over 15,000 people. Keep up the good work on these forums and in your tanks!

-Steve
Old 03-25-2008, 07:26 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to rich311k
Congrats, Joy!
Old 03-31-2008, 10:40 PM   #20
AA Team Emeritus

Nice work Joy! And thanks for all the loads of help you have given me.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com