Delete my Account

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i dont get it also. i am with the admins on this. if there is a real problem should take it up with the mods/admins if you no longer wish to visit the site for any other reasons its not too hard not to click. deleting a member would leave gaps in posts and confusion.

Mgamer is right - it's best to contact a staff member if you have a concern. Deleting an account would leave "orphan" posts which are not searchable anymore. We could potentially have hundreds of posts disabled like this. We can usually resolve whatever issue you're having if you contact us.

I would suggest the user go in and change their contact details and personal information to something phony. I would imagine people would ask that their account get deleted so that their personal contact information is no longer housed within the site

Ahab its not even that though, that info is stored and isnt accessable to anyone but webmasters/admins and server admins.

You mean we were supposed to supply real info in the first place? lol j/k

Yes, you are supposed to supply real information! Please be assured that sensitive information like email address and birthdays are indeed stored on a secure server and only a very few number of people, like admins and webmasters, can access it if the need arises, which usually isn't often. This information is never given out or shared with any other party.

Back
Top Bottom