Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-29-2012, 01:10 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via MSN to sudz
Donation e-mail?

Ok, so years ago, I donated - It was a One time donation, that unlocked "Donator privileges" that I didn't really mind.

A while ago, I donated again, Just what I had in my Paypal account. Mostly because I'd just like to see this site stick around, and I've gotten a lot of useful information, and wanted to pay it back.

I just got an e-mail, saying that "Your access to the paid subscription "AquariumAdvice.com Supporting Member ($15.02 Annually Recurring)" is about to expire."

I never signed up for an annually recurring, and found the entire thing to be one big forced money grab. If anything, this has done nothing but get my back up to the idea of donating, when I'd donate freely when I had the money.

I'll donate again, when I feel I would like to donate again. and don't really give a darn about the perks. But telling me that my subscription is going to expire, when really, I just was donating some money, kinda irks me. Not entirely sure why... but it does!

When I first donated, the donator badge was a permenant item that stuck with you forever. Now it can be stripped away?

I suppose you're only as good as your last "donation" (aka Subscription payment)

"In this hobby - Bad things happen over night... The good things take time."
In Progress: 75 Gallon Planted Discus tank
Baby Sitting: 10 Gal Tank with single Convict
Old 12-29-2012, 03:31 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
I was gifted my subscription and I too got this email. I wasn't aware that they expired after two years?

125 malawi cichlid, 110 Discus, 75 reef, 30 reef, 27 reef, 4 planted
Old 12-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got this same email. If I don't donate will I still be able to use this forum?
Old 12-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Its a free site so i assume so? Not sure, but i understand how you guys feel... Its a donation which means its not mandatory, but that email makes it seem like it is
Old 12-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #5
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
This stickie that was posted in this same forum must not have been read. This post will answer your questions.

Aquarium Advice Supporter
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com