Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 10-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #21
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin
 
melosu58's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 38,242
We are not trying to be like Facebook and U tube. We are trying to make AA a unique and different site. That`s what makes the thanks button special here at AA. A special way to thank someone for their opinion or experience. If you want a like button there is other sites to go to but if you want to personally thank someone by hitting the thanks button then AA is your place.
__________________

__________________

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank


AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
vanimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: So Flo
Posts: 2,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by melosu58
We are not trying to be like Facebook and U tube. We are trying to make AA a unique and different site. That`s what makes the thanks button special here at AA. A special way to thank someone for their opinion or experience. If you want a like button there is other sites to go to but if you want to personally thank someone by hitting the thanks button then AA is your place.
Why don't they put the thanks button on the app then?
__________________

__________________
vanimal is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Convict2161's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 14,818
Even better. I'll take this one step further. You wanna tank someone or whatever PM them or write on there profile. Better then a like button.

Leave the "like" button for FACEBOOK this is AA!!

Now where's the "like" button so I can like my own post.

__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #24
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years
 
mfdrookie516's Avatar



POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Winchester, Ky
Posts: 19,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanimal View Post
Why don't they put the thanks button on the app then?
The app is a convenience item with somewhat limited functionality. It never was, and to my knowledge never will be, meant as a replacement for the website.
__________________
-Jonathan

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #25
Lt.
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Lt.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Wasilla AK
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallineAlgae

I can't find the "thank you" button on the app. I have to use a PC to thank somebody for a helpful posts. Seems like adding the "thank you" feature would be a better step than having a like button.

I'm personally on the fence about adding "like". I don't see any need to have it, but I'd use it if it was available.
Same here
__________________
Whenever I watch the News, no matter what network it is, i'm like:
Lt. is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
CorallineAlgae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516
The app is a convenience item with somewhat limited functionality. It never was, and to my knowledge never will be, meant as a replacement for the website.
I understand. For people like me who are consistently on here, and use this forum almost exclusively through the app, it would be wonderful to be able to show our support, in the same way that it's done on the website, to the vast number of people who deserve a thank you that is linked to a specific post. I get that it's easier said then done.

On the whole I love the app and if my only complaint is that I can't easily thank other posters here for their exceptional input then well... that's the kind of complaint every forum should hope to have. lol
__________________
CorallineAlgae is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #27
Dividing by 0
Community Admin
 
fort384's Avatar



POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,926
Any time we are discussing the app it is important to remember it is a 3rd party developer, not social knowledge/AA. It is based off of forum runner and is made to work with the basic functionality of all forums powered by vbulletin.
fort384 is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #28
Lt.
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Lt.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Wasilla AK
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallineAlgae

I understand. For people like me who are consistently on here, and use this forum almost exclusively through the app, it would be wonderful to be able to show our support, in the same way that it's done on the website, to the vast number of people who deserve a thank you that is linked to a specific post. I get that it's easier said then done.

On the whole I love the app and if my only complaint is that I can't easily thank other posters here for their exceptional input then well... that's the kind of complaint every forum should hope to have. lol
My thoughts, EXACTLY
__________________
Whenever I watch the News, no matter what network it is, i'm like:
Lt. is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Convict2161's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 14,818
Easy fix... Go to your PC, laptop, iPad whatever and thank them. Like Justin said its an app not intended to totally 100% mimic the actually forum ran from your computer.

It's more of a convenience and I'm just thankful we have the app.

I pretty much think its a mute point. I don't see a like button anytime soon so... Grin and bear it. Enjoy what we have and be thankful for the people who brought us the app.

I like this post...
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 11:34 PM   #30
come get me tang police!
 
jetajockey's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: In a swamp near you /Pensacola, FL
Posts: 12,047
A device capable of using the app should also be able to load the site via browser, just sayin.
__________________

__________________
Dont Forget to Join my FREE weekly Plant Giveaway.
Click Here!
jetajockey is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
i.d

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.