Due to recent events, I'd like to request a...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not trying to be like Facebook and U tube. We are trying to make AA a unique and different site. That`s what makes the thanks button special here at AA. A special way to thank someone for their opinion or experience. If you want a like button there is other sites to go to but if you want to personally thank someone by hitting the thanks button then AA is your place.

melosu58 said:
We are not trying to be like Facebook and U tube. We are trying to make AA a unique and different site. That`s what makes the thanks button special here at AA. A special way to thank someone for their opinion or experience. If you want a like button there is other sites to go to but if you want to personally thank someone by hitting the thanks button then AA is your place.

Why don't they put the thanks button on the app then?

Even better. I'll take this one step further. You wanna tank someone or whatever PM them or write on there profile. Better then a like button.

Leave the "like" button for FACEBOOK this is AA!!

Now where's the "like" button so I can like my own post.

:)

CorallineAlgae said:
I can't find the "thank you" button on the app. I have to use a PC to thank somebody for a helpful posts. Seems like adding the "thank you" feature would be a better step than having a like button.

I'm personally on the fence about adding "like". I don't see any need to have it, but I'd use it if it was available.

Same here

mfdrookie516 said:
The app is a convenience item with somewhat limited functionality. It never was, and to my knowledge never will be, meant as a replacement for the website.

I understand. For people like me who are consistently on here, and use this forum almost exclusively through the app, it would be wonderful to be able to show our support, in the same way that it's done on the website, to the vast number of people who deserve a thank you that is linked to a specific post. I get that it's easier said then done.

On the whole I love the app and if my only complaint is that I can't easily thank other posters here for their exceptional input then well... that's the kind of complaint every forum should hope to have. lol

Any time we are discussing the app it is important to remember it is a 3rd party developer, not social knowledge/AA. It is based off of forum runner and is made to work with the basic functionality of all forums powered by vbulletin.

CorallineAlgae said:
I understand. For people like me who are consistently on here, and use this forum almost exclusively through the app, it would be wonderful to be able to show our support, in the same way that it's done on the website, to the vast number of people who deserve a thank you that is linked to a specific post. I get that it's easier said then done.

On the whole I love the app and if my only complaint is that I can't easily thank other posters here for their exceptional input then well... that's the kind of complaint every forum should hope to have. lol

My thoughts, EXACTLY

Easy fix... Go to your PC, laptop, iPad whatever and thank them. Like Justin said its an app not intended to totally 100% mimic the actually forum ran from your computer.

It's more of a convenience and I'm just thankful we have the app.

I pretty much think its a mute point. I don't see a like button anytime soon so... Grin and bear it. Enjoy what we have and be thankful for the people who brought us the app.

I like this post...

jetajockey said:
A device capable of using the app should also be able to load the site via browser, just sayin.

Your 100% correct. If I need to go further then the app I just open it in safari on my iPhone and bam!! It's magic...

I just try and remember all the ones I want to thank when I get 5 or so I go back and thank them. May take a little longer but it still gets done.

I really like it better when I get a pm from someone it makes things a little more personal in my eyes. I do agree if it was on the app it would make it a little easier and more people would probably get thanked more often. But then again I don't mind checking my page every so often.

Andrew McFadden said:
I just try and remember all the ones I want to thank when I get 5 or so I go back and thank them. May take a little longer but it still gets done.

I really like it better when I get a pm from someone it makes things a little more personal in my eyes. I do agree if it was on the app it would make it a little easier and more people would probably get thanked more often. But then again I don't mind checking my page every so often.

I agree. It would be nice if the app had the like button because I almost exclusively just use the app. Like if you do the same.

Any time we are discussing the app it is important to remember it is a 3rd party developer, not social knowledge/AA. It is based off of forum runner and is made to work with the basic functionality of all forums powered by vbulletin.

Again, discussing functionality changes in the app is generally a moot point. We do not control the functionality/layout of the app.

vanimal said:
I agree. It would be nice if the app had the like button because I almost exclusively just use the app. Like if you do the same.

Oh wait we don't have a like button...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom