Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
Lt.
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Due to recent events, I'd like to request a...

"LIKE" button be added to the forum please. The exact same thing Facebook has. Its under every thread, and comment. And once you click it once you like it, but it gives you the option to unlike again in case you change your mind. Then there's Allison the option too view a list of everyone else who like the comment/thread. And lastly it displays the amount of poeple who have like it already. I just think it would would help cut out a lot of off topic posts and simplify everything.

Again, EXACTLY LIKE FACEBOOK'S "like" button. But not attached to Facebook in any way,eg. It posts to your Facebook that you liked this or that on the forum.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I agree it would make things so much easier. In fact if our forum had one I would've just liked the above post instead of having to write all this out.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have to disagree here. If you simply just hit a "like" button your really not contributing to the post at hand, and if your "dislike" something again your really not adding to the thread.

There already is a "button" you can give members credit and write why your doing it, it's nice to see on your UCP that someone has added a comment and have you a little green biz due the fact that maybe you really helped them out in a situation.

I don't think a "like" button will add anything to the already amazing family forum we have now further more I don't feel a "dislike" option will offer anything other then someone hiding behind a "status" rather then responding to the thread.

If you don't like something don't comment, if you disagree well then by all means comment, but in a civil mature way. If you like something then +1 it and comment as to why you agree!

The old saying goes here in my honest opinion. If it ain't broke why fix it.

This isn't FACEBOOK, this is a family oriented forum with many many knowledgable members eager to help others. Like or dislike what make a hill of beans IMHO.

This is just my opinion of course like it or not

Oh wait.. No button, I guess your forced to respond or not....

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 10-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #4
Lt.
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161
If have to disagree here. If you simply just hit a "like" button your really not contributing to the post at hand, and if your "dislike" something again your really not adding to the thread.

There already is a "button" you can give members credit and write why your doing it, it's nice to see on your UCP that someone has added a comment and have you a little green biz due the fact that maybe you really helped them out in a situation.

I don't think a "like" button will add anything to the already amazing family forum we have now further more I don't feel a "dislike" option will offer anything other then someone hiding behind a "status" rather then responding to the thread.

If you don't like something don't comment, if you disagree well then by all means comment, but in a civil mature way. If you like something then +1 it and comment as to why you agree!

The old saying goes here in my honest opinion. If it ain't broke why fix it.

This isn't FACEBOOK, this is a family oriented forum with many many knowledgable members eager to help others. Like or dislike what make a hill of beans IMHO.

This is just my opinion of course like it or not

Oh wait.. No button, I guess your forced to respond or not....
Lol, u hav a point.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

(Dislike.) Haha I do agree with you there but I think it would make things easier.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanimal
(Dislike.) Haha I do agree with you there but I think it would make things easier.
I'm just trying to understand the concept. How will it make it easier? In what manner will hitting a button make things easier? It seems like it would just give members a chance or option to get less involved in a thread if they can just hit a button and move on.

That's not what this forum is about. Participation is what we thrive for not hitting "buttons"

Again just my opinion.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 10-09-2012, 10:16 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

I'm just trying to understand the concept. How will it make it easier? In what manner will hitting a button make things easier? It seems like it would just give members a chance or option to get less involved in a thread if they can just hit a button and move on.

That's not what this forum is about. Participation is what we thrive for not hitting "buttons"

Again just my opinion.
Well if someone has already posted something and you agree with it instead of saying "I agree with you." you could just hit the like button. Or if someone is asking a simple yes or no question a like is easier than just giving a yes.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanimal

Well if someone has already posted something and you agree with it instead of saying "I agree with you." you could just hit the like button. Or if someone is asking a simple yes or no question a like is easier than just giving a yes.
I see where your going with it but I still feel getting involved in the discussion at hand is far more better then just liking it. Make sense?

If I had a thread lets say, and it went 100 posts and people are in a debate and its civil, you posted already, someone else posts and you "liked" want they said, I'm being the OP may want to know why you liked there post and why you didn't just post again.

I don't know, I feel it takes away from what the makers of this great forum have set out to do.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

I see where your going with it but I still feel getting involved in the discussion at hand is far more better then just liking it. Make sense?

If I had a thread lets say, and it went 100 posts and people are in a debate and its civil, you posted already, someone else posts and you "liked" want they said, I'm being the OP may want to know why you liked there post and why you didn't just post again.

I don't know, I feel it takes away from what the makers of this great forum have set out to do.
What about pictures I think it would work well with those too.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I think AA has a FB page. Couldn't you just go there and like someone?

Tags
i.d

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com