E-mail distribution?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

astroguy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi-

One feature that I found very useful at another forum was to get the possibility to register to certain specific forums and get e-mails after each post. One can then click at the bottom of the message to post a reply on the forum.

This site has email notification, go to the home page and under "Welcome astroguy" you'll see several user specific links, one is Updat Your Profile. From the page that link takes you to, you can select to receive email notification by default. Also when you respond to a post via quick reply or through the post reply button, you can select to receive email notification of replies. Should you want to receive notifications on threads without posting there is a link to "watch this topic" at the bottom of every thread. Should you wish to receive notifications when new topics are created in certain forums...there is a "watch this forum" link at the top or bottom of every forum, email notification must be checked in your profile for this feature to work.

Hi Kevin-

Wonderful. That was not clear to me, and in consequence, I suggest to make it clearer to the newcomer as well: why not ask in the user profile which forum one would like to "watch"?

To make it clear I fear it would honestly confuse many more people than it would help.

Perhaps mentioning it in the welcom pm that members receive when they sign up?? Just a small blurb and a link to the thread that describes some of the features.

reefrunner69 said:
Perhaps mentioning it in the welcom pm that members receive when they sign up?? Just a small blurb and a link to the thread that describes some of the features.

Acutally I think there is a short mention of it in there.

Back
Top Bottom