Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-12-2009, 01:59 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

with firefox and adblockplus i didnt even know it was there. had to open up IE to even see it.

Old 02-12-2009, 02:49 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
Community Admin

Sorry about not posting earlier when I made the changes. I made a couple changes as you all pointed out. The first one was adding the eBay widget in the right column. This was done to help off set the costs to run the community. The eBay widget is set in hopes that some members will participate in some ebay auctions and we will get an affiliate commission.

The second change I made was to add the right column to the threads (as you also noted). This is a standard change that is going to be made to all the Social Knowledge sites. I am hoping to develop a system where long time members who have made substantial contributions to the community can disable the right column. The system to disable this is not done yet, so please hang in there until I can get that developed.

Thanks for understand about the changes. Hopefully members will click on the eBay links and go shopping and help support our community.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:13 AM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgamer20o0 View Post
with firefox and adblockplus i didnt even know it was there. had to open up IE to even see it.
I just did the same thing. I thought they removed it already but I realized I had adblock enabled. Best addon ever. Period.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:50 AM   #14
Thanx but no.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort384 View Post
Janet,

The difference is, the other stuff only appeared in the forum indexes, not in the threads. Now it appears in the threads as well, so it crunches all of the text over to the left.

Adding the EBAY index to just the forum index pages and leaving the thread pages the same I think would make it a welcomed addition.

Agreed. It's not only the 'crunching' but also the order of the rendering on the page. It makes the flow of the render very...well annoying.. especially on large threads.

O yea, how bout that FF Adblock. I never saw them either. It was just the recent discussions addition that I was commenting on. After opening in IE.. well I'll just say OUCH
Old 02-12-2009, 09:17 AM   #15
SW 20 & Over Club

Send a message via ICQ to ccCapt
I just d-l'ed FF and AdblockPlus. I still see the Ebay thing. What's the trick to make it NOT show up?

OK, I blocked the Ebay thing, but everything is still crunched to the left.
Looks like crap............
Check out The build project
Old 02-12-2009, 09:41 AM   #16
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to Tank2379 Send a message via Yahoo to Tank2379
I really don't mine the ebay search engine. It is actually nice casue if you look at it if you ever need anything we can search it right away instead of opening up a new tab or browser to fine it. I mean it going to open it up regardless but just a little bit faster way of doing it.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:42 AM   #17
Thanx but no.....

If you've never used FF before and want some sweet add-ins drop me a note. Once I moved I never went back.. Never crashes, where IE was crashing and slow ALL THE TIME.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:51 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to buddha_red
I just rediscovered FF. Feels good so far
Old 02-12-2009, 09:51 AM   #19
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to Tank2379 Send a message via Yahoo to Tank2379
I am using FF and my ad blocker is not blocking anything. I see the eBay search regardless...
Old 02-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #20
AA Team Emeritus

After you install it you should see a stop sign in the top right corner, if it is red then it is actively blocking. If it is grayed out, click on it and chose Enable Adblock Plus. If that still doesn't block things then click the stop sign again and chose Preferences then under the menu item Filters chose Add Filter Subscription, chose the first one Easy List USA and click the Subscribe button. You will then need to restart firefox. The Easy List USA Subscription is a constantly updated resource that lists different URLs that are to be blocked. HTH!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com