eBay Search engine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind the Ebay thing at all. The fact that it shows up in the threads makes it easier for me to see the text on the page. I don't see a problem with it.

I also understand where Andy is coming from in helping to generate funds to run the site. I don't have an issue with it and plan to help support the site by using the link here for any ebay transactions. I would much rather see these kinds of changes (minor) then have the site shut down because it can't be maintained.

My hat is off to you Andy!

BTW, we have admins that don't have ownership in the website.

If you're refering to my comment, I never said admins HAD ownership. The question was asked who kept the site running. I thought my response answered that question.

I'm sorry your computer had issues even after the purchase. But I can say with 100% assuredness that it wasn't coming from the virus that was imbedded in one of the script files here. Your computer may have still been infected, but the source code that was here was gone.

I am not degrading the improvements the current owners and admins have done around here. But I felt that giving them credit for something they had nothing to do with really wasn't fair to THEM, plus it was just plain incorrect. They have plenty of things that they DID do, that they should be recognized for. And changing the board software and keeping it patched so future viruses wouldn't find a home is one of the big things in my book.

I feel that my comment about this being a business and keeping that in mind for perspective is being viewed as a bash on the site ownership. It's not. It was just a statement of fact. Any business (at least succesful ones) is in the business to make money. That's the primary reason. If people are helped or knowledge is shared in the process, that's secondary. But if a business isn't profitable, owners aren't going to keep plowing money into a black hole. THAT is what keeps my perspective when I see changes here that I don't like. It's OK to not like certain changes... right? But do I accept it? Sure do.

I (Social Knowledge) has adopted various forums over the last 5 years. It's been a lot of fun to work with the members and enable them to manage the community as they see fit. Although I am not personally an enthusiast on many of the forum topics I do work hard to entrust the Admins/Mods to manage the sites. This is done so I am not considered a "poser".

My passion is forums, forum software, servers, search engine optimization, etc. I think it's a great combo actually. It's like getting an experienced Aquarium Hobbyist to help me keep an aquarium and I in return help them keep a forum. I have no desire to fake my experience with fish keeping but I can genuinely say that when I get settled I plan to start with a nano salt water tank and see if I enjoy the hobby. I know I learn a lot from my time here on AA!

I just wanted to post an update and let you all know the eBay module in the right hand column has been removed. I am currently working on a system to attract vendors from the fishkeeping industry. Hopefully we can develop a symbiotic program which brings value to our members, the vendors and helps support the costs of the site. Look for more details soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom