Edit posts in the lounge??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had an incident at one point where a member was insulting other members in a very active thread, he would give them time to read it and respond, then edit his post that started the nonsense. Due to that particular member, the permissions were changed in that forum. We have reset them and you should now be able to edit your posts in the lounge.

Should the same type of incident occur in the future, then you might expect the editing feature to be turned off entirely in every forum. We do not want to do this, and I do not believe we will have to :mrgreen: , just letting anyone reading this know the edit feature is for fixing spelling, grammer, puntuation or clarifying a point. If abused the feature will be removed :cry:

but you never know

If you lok at the bot5tom of the page on the right hand side, there are several lines that say...

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can not delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

If it says you can, then you can, if it says you can't...then you can't :wink:

Right now there should only be 3 forums (I think) that you cannot edit your posts in, the General retailers forum, the Classifieds forum and the Barter/Trade forum.

Ok, well then, YOU can know. But the first part of my statement was correct.
At the moment this is what I am getting....

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Man, the quote tool gets better everytime I use it

Then you cannot edit your posts in this forum, it's pretty clear, there is no reason for you not to know, it's printed for you at the bottom right of the forum and every reply screen.

The sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't would really depend on the forum your in, as some will allow it and some won't. If you are having a sometimes you can and sometimes you can't in a particular forum, then there may be a problerm that should be addressed to Aaron or myself in this forum, next time it happens in the same forum, once you could and once you couoldn't, please post in the Site Help/Feedback forum, so we can address the issue.

You can NOW edit your posts in the lounge.

Each forum must have its permissions set independantly of the others. Each forum also has 12 different items that need to have their permission level set.

• View
    Read
    Edit
    Delete
    Announce
    Vote
    Poll create
    Post Files
    Download Files

The above lists them all. With over 40 individual forums you can imagen the task to set all of them up. For various reasons some have higher levels of permissions than others. Non of them should allow you to delete your message. Most should allow you to edit your message.

Back
Top Bottom