Editing a review

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RogerMcAllen

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just submitted a product review, but in my haste forgot to choose a category. When I tried to edit the review to put it into the food category, I was told I didn't have permission. I then tried to delete it and resubmit with a proper category, and was again told I didn't have permission.

I assume that problems like this are fixed as reviews are approved, so it won't be a problem, but I was just curious if I gained the right to alter my review after it is approved.

Yes you can edit your own reviews after they are approved of course. WE require approval for a few reasons. One to make sure its in the correct category. If we dont have a category that fits we create one. I had to do this just now for a thermometer review.

Bonus question, did I submit my review incorrectly? It appears as though when I used the "upload product feature I should have submitted a neutral commentary on the product, and then waited for that to be approved before I then selected that product and wrote a review for it. Is this the case?

It appears as though when I used the "upload product feature I should have submitted a neutral commentary on the product, and then waited for that to be approved before I then selected that product and wrote a review for it. Is this the case?

That is correct. Its a bit confsing at first but what you do is submit a product into the database and provide the specifics of the product, ideally in as neutral a way as possible and then you can do a review of it. The benifit is that you can have 1 entry for the product and have several reviews attached to it.

Back
Top Bottom